So I'm looking into buying a new amp cause my cube 20 aint doing it for me.

I dont want a combo but i dont need a 100 watt head something between 15 and 20 watts is fine for me.

After a few weeks, I've narrowed my selection down to either the Marshall MG15MSll microstack or the Krank Rev. Jr. microstack.

im asking UG cause I'm still debating between valve and ss.

If it helps I jam with friends so it needs to be heard over the drums. I mostly play metal and hard rock, and the occasional blues. I also want good cleans.

If you have any other sugestions it would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance
Don't get the MG stack, its pretty expensive considering. The MG is a step back for you. It has thin noisy od and the cleans are pretty .... they're ok i spose, nothing great but they're not meant for anything but practice.

You already have a SS. Get a valve so you can learn to hear the difference
mayb look at an orange tiny terror? they have the combo one coming out sometime soon i believe and it will do metal easy if you put an overdrive in front of it or maybe a guitar with EMGs.
Gibson Les Paul + Orange Tiny Terror = Sex
im getting an EHX metal muff so even a single channel amp would be fine but i still like built in distortion and like i said no combos i want a head and cab. I've heard the tiny terror is really good but ive aslo heard alot of good things about the Marshall and Krank amps.
sorry dude i wouldn't suggest getting a metal muff unless u try it first

it was one of the biggest purchase mistakes ever
Quote by ikarian-pride
im getting an EHX metal muff so even a single channel amp would be fine but i still like built in distortion and like i said no combos i want a head and cab. I've heard the tiny terror is really good but ive aslo heard alot of good things about the Marshall and Krank amps.

ok. lets put an end to this twaddle now.

the MG is poor. it's a gimmick. if you've read reviews on it, they will have been written by children who havent got the knowledge to base their reviews on.

YOU WILL REGRET buying it. admittedly, i don't know about the Krank Rev Jr amp...but i'm assuming it's much the same story.

as for wanting a head and a cab...we've all been there, but you'll be sacrificing tone for looks i'm afraid, unless you go for the Tiny Terror and a 1x12 cab...something like that.

there really is no question that you should be looking into valve amps, especially as a blues/hard rock/metal player.
Gibson LP w/SD59+PRS Dragon II
Fender 52RI Hotrod Tele
PRS Tremonti SE w/Bulldog Extremist/Black Label

Cornford MK50H & 2x12
Marshall JMP-1

TC Electronics G-System

MacBook + Ableton Live