I just got back from guitar center and tried out several amps and have a very good idea of what I am getting. I was about to try out a krank rev, mesa boogie triple rectifier, egnator tourmaster, peavy 6505+, jcm2000, and peavy JSX.

The krank was awsome for more of a thrashy lead tone but not what I am looking for it just seemed that most every metal tone I got out of it sounded somewhat like dimebag darrell wich was not what I wanted.

The peavy 6505+ was confusing. I am a plug in and play guy so when the nobs say pre, low, mid, high, and post I got confused but only took me about 5 minutes to figure out. But I most say it was not up to par. The clean was bad it was very steril. The gain was massive and awsome and feedback was buetiful but the clean sucked to much for me.

The peavy JSX I spend little time with. It was great but not what I wanted so my review on this is short its a good head for rock/even hard rock but not what I wanted.

JCM2000 was well ok. Thats all I can realy say it is about the opposite of the 6505+.
The clean is good and the distortion is good tell you turn it up high then it gets fizzy very fizzy it was the best for heavy metal.

Now the egnator was amazing it had good clean and could even go up to death metal gain with no pedals but it was more of a sharp gain it wasn't fizzy but had way to much mid in it even when I messed with eq. Other then that I loved the amp and I would say it works for everything.

The triple rectifier was awsome and was the best for metal out of all the amps I tried. The gain was very good and I liked it with bough the raw and modern settings. But this amp realy shined with the gain. It was the best at high gain I tried and got me the brutal tone I wanted with very little tweaking. I will definitly be getting a mesa rectifier

So needless to say I only have one question Mesa Boogie Rectoverb or Roadster?
Amp-5150 Block Letter

Cab-Recto 4x12

Guitar-Jackson DKMG

Pedals-to many to name
Mesa Roadster. Or really try to shoot for a road king. A personally thing that the Roadster is a Neutered RK.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
So is the only main difference between a rectoverb and a roadster the amount of channels?
Amp-5150 Block Letter

Cab-Recto 4x12

Guitar-Jackson DKMG

Pedals-to many to name
It also has 100 watts where the Rectoverb has 50.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
ya but I don't need 100 watts no one does
Amp-5150 Block Letter

Cab-Recto 4x12

Guitar-Jackson DKMG

Pedals-to many to name
Roadster, no contest.

I tried a Recto-verb combo for a few minutes and wasn't impressed. Granted, I didn't have a footswitch so I was stuck on a dirty sound, but no amount of rolling off could get it even close to a decent clean-ish sound, even backing off the gain an extreme amount on the amp; with the volume at 1 I had a horrible fizzy brittle sound that made my MG sound like a million bucks.

The Roadster, however, I could have at an uber-brutal crunchy distortion, roll the volume to 1, and have it sound really soft and clean, almost, dare I say, like an AC30. That's just on Ch. 3 with the gain up about halfway and the volume up to like 2. It was really quite impressive.

EDIT: The wonderful thing about the Roadster is the switchable wattages. I was playing at 100 with the one I used, but you could set 1, 2, 3 or all channels to 50 watts to get a desired sound/volume.
Quote by 80sShred4TheWin
ya but I don't need 100 watts no one does

The Roadster is switchable, 50/100 watts.
I would make sure you try all these amps man, they all have a little different flavor than the TRec.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
roadster all the way. i played one the other day and it was absolutely unbelievable. it was the best amp ive ever used.
'79 Fender Deluxe Reverb
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez TS9, Keeley TS9 Baked Mod
Zendrive

LOOOOOK INTOOOOOO THEEEE PICCCTUREEEEEEEEE

Member of UG's Gain Whores - pm gpderek09 to join