What's up? - Just bought a M-1000 over the internet from a dealer. I'd played one before so I knew what to expect ahead of time and everything is great but I have a bit of a problem.

I'm getting a lot of noise on any channel with even a minimum of distortion. Its a medium pitch background hiss that changes with the orientation of the guitar (though even at its lowest its still very noticeable.) I've changed batteries, cables, etc. I've turned off all the lights in my room and turned off the computer and printer. I've even disconnected the power strips that power all my computer/printer/phone clock etc turned off the lights.

I've plugged it into my crate amp and also into the input of my gnx4 and its noticeable and displays the same characteristics. Through the NGX I've isolated the amp and simply played through the headphones - Same sound.

I've installed a brand new battery and opened the electronics cover to make sure there were no loose or touching wires but that's really all I can think of. My gf's daughter has a GAX70 (cheap sg clone) and it has nowhere the amount of noise
I'm not sure where to go from here - is it possible it could be miswired?
ANy advice on troubleshooting further?
My SC607 does the same thing and I'm starting to think this is a part of the "lower quality" of new LTDs.

My latest theory is the that the guitars are shielded poorly.

The only other thing I've come up with is possibly what is going on in the surrounding rooms. My house has a lot of electronics and lots of light bulbs and EMGs are sensitive pickups.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Quote by markheus

I'm getting a lot of noise on any channel with even a minimum of distortion. Its a medium pitch background hiss that changes with the orientation of the guitar (though even at its lowest its still very noticeable.)

That sounds like feedback to me, move away from the amp
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by jm1681
My SC607 does the same thing and I'm starting to think this is a part of the "lower quality" of new LTDs.

My latest theory is the that the guitars are shielded poorly.

The only other thing I've come up with is possibly what is going on in the surrounding rooms. My house has a lot of electronics and lots of light bulbs and EMGs are sensitive pickups.

the m-1000 isn't that low-end to be having those problems though
From what I've read active pickups don't need shielding at all. I've talked to some other people and they're convinced that its something enviromental. I've got a lot of electronics in my house as well. There's a 42" plasma and 500 watt pioneer receiver in the other room about 30 feet away - That might be it. Oddly enmough if I stand at a right angle to the amp it gets louder.I can be facing either direction. If I'm facing the amp it gets lower.I used to have actives in an Ibanez s470 about 4 years ago and don't remember having these problems.

Just don't understand why I have problems with this and not the cheapos on the GAX 70
At least I have a noise gate...
Quote by ValoRhoads
That sounds like feedback to me, move away from the amp

It happens if I'm playing through headphones on my MFX pedal completely disconnected from the amp.
sounds like bad pickups or wiring, had an emg 81 in my explorer and it did pick up alot of weird things in the house(like when the blender kicked on 2 rooms away), but in general those pickups are dead quiet even with a ton of distortion going through them
Quote by gumbilicious
sounds like bad pickups or wiring, had an emg 81 in my explorer and it did pick up alot of weird things in the house(like when the blender kicked on 2 rooms away), but in general those pickups are dead quiet even with a ton of distortion going through them

I'm pretty sure its in the wiring. I just went through and flipped every breaker in the house and it didn't make a difference. I e-mailed EMG - Hopefully I'll get a response back. I read a similiar post on google groups where a guy was having the same problem - He replaced his battery and everything was fine....So I wonder if there's a spot in the wiring where the resistance is too high.
Quote by alecoholic
the m-1000 isn't that low-end to be having those problems though
OT, but the SC607 is anything but low-end
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"