so what does that mean? what do i need to do? do i need a octave pedal or somethin?
As far as I know those are not symbols that should be used in TAB.

On a normal music staff, when the notes are starting to climb too far above the top or drop too far below the bottom staff lines, you would use those symbols to basically say, play these note an octave higher/lower than written on the staff.

Here is a link that shows it better.