Hello fellow guitar players, I had a quick question. I am recording using the Audacity and a toneport ux1, I was wondering if I can plug my mic in and guitar, and recording both at the same time. I can hear myself singing and playing however when I press record it does not record the voice, just the guitar playing. Any help?
Try a multi-track recorder like KRISTAL (it's free)...Audacity only does one thing at a time, and I'm guessing the UX1 separates the voice from the guitar.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Are you plugging both the guitar and the mic into the toneport at the same time?

You could maybe try messing around with the options in audacity, see if you can get it to record from both inputs. However, I don't think it can do this, so you have two other options:

1) Different software i.e Reaper

2) Record guitar and voice separately.
Strange, it should work, as long as you specify a different input source for each track. Based on the discussion about inputs in the manual (page 36), it must be.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Last edited by Fast_Fingers at May 5, 2008,