Hi there I seen this guitar for sale...Epiphone Elite SG Standard (Etlitist 61'),I was just wondering what people thought of them..how much do they usually go for? I will add some pics of it to make sure its actually a Epipone Elite SG Standard (Etlitist 61'), so heres the pics and hopefully i can get some info on it thanks
Epiphone Elitist models are better than a fair amount of Gibsons. I can't say I know how much they go for though.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
I've never played one but i've heard some good things about this guitar. The Elitists are supposed to be great for the price.

Why are the strings gone though? Also I don't know if it's fake or real, how much is the seller charging?
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
he said he was changing them and just took a picture with them off...he said hes selling for like 275$ and he bought it for 500...kinda hard to believe that but i was tinking maybe he just doesnt know his guitars and i could get a good deal out of it hahaha but not sure
"Ephione Elite SG Standard (Etlitist 61') in Cherry Red. It is the best SG Epiphones makes. It comes with the hardcase and I bought them both new at Long & McQuade. The guitar is MINT, I took very good care of this guitar, it was my favourite but I have to see it go! I paid 500$ for both so I am asking $275 for them. At the moment there are no strings installed but i will include some in a pack or if your just gonna add different ones. "

Thats what he has said ... i will add the othr two pics now
Attachments:
6dbc_20.jpg
6d1a_20.jpg
I wish he would've gotten a picture of the headstock. I dunno man, it looks slightly fishy to me, but it's up to you. Hell, I have no idea if it's fake or not. It looks okay, I suppose.
They haven't made Elitist SGs in a few years. I wanted to get one but they stopped making them by the time I'd saved up.

I think it's very suspicious considering the price. You couldn't get the Elitist SGs at that new price even when they were made, for a good condition one now they're not made anymore I'd thought the price would be much higher. I can't believe there's any way he could be selling a good Elitist SG for $275. Either it's a regular Epi SG that he's claiming is an Eiltist but isn't, or there's got to be something really messed up with it.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Looks just like mine.. its good. However might be regular one not an elitist... elites are more xpensive.
Look at the pic of the back of the guitar.

It has teh "Phallus" headstock, so it isnt an elitist.

Elitists have a more gibson like headstock, its smaller and dosent like like the end ofa penis.

DONOTBUY!

Jay
No, the Elitists don't have a 'Gibson like' headstock. In fact actually the Elitist headstock is longer than the regular Epi headstock.

Anyway I just looked up the '61 Elitist SG, and it has binding on the neck... in the pictures of THAT SG, I can't see binding along the neck. So I don't think it can be the Elitist.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Looks like an ordinary G400 to me.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by MrFlibble
No, the Elitists don't have a 'Gibson like' headstock. In fact actually the Elitist headstock is longer than the regular Epi headstock.

Anyway I just looked up the '61 Elitist SG, and it has binding on the neck... in the pictures of THAT SG, I can't see binding along the neck. So I don't think it can be the Elitist.

I said gibson like.

ITs not phallic like the epi G400s or so such, it rounds off to the top and dosent have a "Japseye".

It's an ordinary Chinese/Korean made G-400, probs Chinese made as they stopped SG production in Korea a couple of years ago I think, but anyways yeah it ain't an Elitist model, as it lacks the neck binding an Elitist has.
The headstock in the 1 pic looks like your stock G400 plus I don't see any binding on the neck.

Look at the headstock on the elitist.
16' Gibson SG Std.
15' Ibanez JEM Jr.
OD9 Pro+>CM-2>BC-2>Wylde Phase>Gravy>Flashback
Marshall JCM800>V212(Vet.30/ET-65)
Ibanez TSA15H>1x12 (G12n-65)
Randall RVC5>1x12 (G12n-65)
Quote by twisty571
The headstock in the 1 pic looks like your stock G400 plus I don't see any binding on the neck.

Look at the headstock on the elitist.

Hm...

The tuners on his are elitist stle grovers..

Yet the finish is a G400..

WTF?!?!?
Quote by PCSpeaker
Hm...

The tuners on his are elitist stle grovers..

Yet the finish is a G400..

WTF?!?!?

They started putting grovers on all Epi guitars. They're on the G400s, too. They just never updated the stock picture.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
I actually like the stock G400 headstock better IMO. Can't wait for mine to get here & to do my comparison with my Hag!
16' Gibson SG Std.
15' Ibanez JEM Jr.
I don't think that's an Elitist. Here in Sweden, they go for $2000 or more if you can even get one.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
well whats the price difference between a G400 and an Etlitist? would 275 still be a good deal even if its a G400 or? what should i do...i asked the person for headstock photos so im waiting for those to come...ill post them when i get them
^ $275 is better then new, but on Musicians-Friend they go for $300.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by Green_Jelly
Looks like an ordinary G400 to me.

That's exactly what it is.

TS: Punch him in the face for trying to scam you.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
Quote by Devine49
well whats the price difference between a G400 and an Etlitist? would 275 still be a good deal even if its a G400 or? what should i do...i asked the person for headstock photos so im waiting for those to come...ill post them when i get them

It's fair considering they go for $350 at MF but they always have a $300 sale G400 (model changes monthly I think) but as of this months special I would pass on that and grab this for $299.99
16' Gibson SG Std.
15' Ibanez JEM Jr.