i think that the assassination of Arch Duke Ferdinand was the most influential event in the history of the world. think about this. take away his death. no WW1, no WW2, no Cold War, those are the three biggest events in the last 100 years and it all depended on a single death, i just thought that was interesting
when the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace

Starsceam of the Decepticon Transformers G1 Club
PM irishmatt1992 To Join!
i think the execution of jesus has even more, since so many events that happened (crusades, inquisition, the migration to america, etc) are a result of religious beliefs based on the teachings of him.
Um, just in case you didn't know, WW1 woulda happened anyway, just a bit later. Tensions were so high that everyone was just looking for a reason to start fighting. Besides, there are many other hugely important events in history. First written language, that was damn important. Steam Engine, that was also huge. It's impossible to tell which event is most significant.
Even if Ferdinand was not assasinated, the Russian Revolution would have happened, thus the contention from the West and a Cold War in response to the red threat. But his death was the immediate trigger to WW1, so agree with you there. Although I find technological advances to be way more influential to human history than war.
Definitely Jesus's death.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by FireandFlames
i think the execution of jesus has even more, since so many events that happened (crusades, inquisition, the migration to america, etc) are a result of religious beliefs based on the teachings of him.

Why did the execution of Jesus cause the migration to America?
Quote by Straplocks
Even if Ferdinand was not assasinated, the Russian Revolution would have happened, thus the contention from the West and a Cold War in response to the red threat. But his death was the immediate trigger to WW1, so agree with you there. Although I find technological advances to be way more influential to human history than war.

that camera in your phone came from the cold war

If Randy Rhoads hadn't got on the damned plane, who knows what kind of stuff he would have put out?
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Les Paul Ell

People came to america to escape religious persecution.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
i think that the past 100 years doesn't count as history of anything. history of the world is 4 billion years. so i think that it's probably either the earth's formation, or the first traces of life. and man, if you're gonna claim that something is the most important something ever, qualify it, because everyone will have something to prove you wrong.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
For all of you who say Jesus' death is the most significant event, I submit this: The beginning of Judaism. Like it or not, Christianity is Judaism's baby. Had Judaism never started, all of this Christianity nonsense would never have started, nor any of this Islam nonsense.
Quote by Colgate Total
If Dimebag was still alive, Pantera would be on a reunion tour right about now.

Yes, that is equally important.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by Colgate Total
If Dimebag was still alive, Pantera would be on a reunion tour right about now.

They'd still be together, he only died like 4 years ago.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by muse-ik
i think that the past 100 years doesn't count as history of anything. history of the world is 4 billion years. so i think that it's probably either the earth's formation, or the first traces of life. and man, if you're gonna claim that something is the most important something ever, qualify it, because everyone will have something to prove you wrong.

your kinda stupid arnt you

Quote by mrwaffles
For all of you who say Jesus' death is the most significant event, I submit this: The beginning of Judaism. Like it or not, Christianity is Judaism's baby. Had Judaism never started, all of this Christianity nonsense would never have started, nor any of this Islam nonsense.

But then we would have polytheistic religions.
Quote by Les Paul Ell

it caused catholicism, which branched off into the other branches that i can't remember atm, and the catholics and separate branches of christianity were conflicting, so the oppressed in england migrated over to america.
Quote by muse-ik

True. I think there are significant fairly recent events though, like 1000 years or so rather than 100. Such as the creation of the Delian League, which led to the decline of Persia's power, which led to the growth of Western culture and the development of the world as we now know it in the west.
Quote by MedicreDemon
They'd still be together, he only died like 4 years ago.

He was in Damageplan when he died though, not Pantera. Pantera broke up in like 2003, and Dimebag died in 2004.
Quote by Masamune
But then we would have polytheistic religions.

Oh, I know. We actually do have polytheistic religions. That's not the point; the point is that Jesus' death is without significance without the beginning of Judaism. But the, why do I care? I'm an atheist =D
Quote by mrwaffles
Um, just in case you didn't know, WW1 woulda happened anyway, just a bit later. Tensions were so high that everyone was just looking for a reason to start fighting. Besides, there are many other hugely important events in history. First written language, that was damn important. Steam Engine, that was also huge. It's impossible to tell which event is most significant.

exactly what i was going to say..

they hated each other so much that all they needed was an excuse to go to war.
the excuse happen to be the the dukes assassination. but they would have found another reason if it never happened.
Quote by InvaderTSN
He was in Damageplan when he died though, not Pantera. Pantera broke up in like 2003, and Dimebag died in 2004.

Ahh that's right, I don't think they'd have gotton over what the singer said though.

Plus if he's still in damageplan with his brother eh wouldn't be touring with Pantera.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws