I'm really having troubles finding a good Death Metal tone out of my TonePort and i almost gave up until i ran into this guy on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4jEsQNTFqs&feature=related

now hes using something off the PowerPack, the Line 6 Lunatic amp.

my main problem is that i never get any clarity out of my notes and everything sounds all mushed together like they all ring together and it sounds like ****.

is this my only option or can you guys help me out with what i already have.
i'm using three different things and nothings working. I'm using the JCM 800 with the celestion 75's i think, the spinal puppet with green 20's, and spinal puppet with the Treadplate cab.

are there certain things i should do that could help? besided scooping my mids, dont tell me that i dont want this forum to fill up with "scoop your mids more." anyone with experience want to guide me in the right direction so i dont have to spend $100 on one amp model?

thanks.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
I use a toneport and I find that the jcm800 sounds too thin, my best result and the tone I use for all my detuned metal stuff is the mallcore setting with some adjustments, see what you can do man, my tone sounds better than that and thats all I can vouch for. GL man
Quote by d_byrne23
I use a toneport and I find that the jcm800 sounds too thin, my best result and the tone I use for all my detuned metal stuff is the mallcore setting with some adjustments, see what you can do man, my tone sounds better than that and thats all I can vouch for. GL man

what do you adjust?
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
you shouldn't be scooping your mids at all.

but to open up your sound options.. you should go for some line6 expansions. the metal shop pack has some great metally sounds.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
i don't completely scoop my mids, just a little.

but yeah, i'd rather spend $50 on the Metal Shop than the Power Pack.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo