alrite so praise and worship practice was tonight for tommorow morning and all was fine for all two hours of practice. i use my little giant stack for the band. but after practice my amp did something funny. i noodled around a lil bit and then all of a sudden the big red LED light faded along w/ the sound. so i turned it back on a min later and it was only half as bright as usual and the sound and light faded away in less than a minute. so i gave it another min off and turned it on and it did the same thing only took slightly longer. then i waited a few minutes and turned it back on and it stayed on for a couple minutes before doing the same thing.

we have a power strip going into one of the receptacles by the amps to power a couple amps and my bad monkey power supply. my guess is that maybe there's too much power feeding off of one outlet? i would look into getting new tubes...but for one thing, it's not even a few weeks old. though the stock tubes are usually not quality. and if it were either tubes, it wouldn't be staying on and producing sound at all correct?

any suggestions are welcome, and i'm hoping that moving it to a different outlet or having my friends bass amp plugged into a different receptacle rather the same power strip of mine would solve the problem.

anyone who's gone through the same thing, please give ur advice. thanks UG
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
You haven't tried switching outlets yet?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
You haven't tried switching outlets yet?

try this before posting on UG

It's a simple test that can solve taking up forum space for other members
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
no i didn't get the chance. i was runnin' a busy schedule tonight and as soon as practice was over i noodled for a lil bit then ran into that little dilemma but didn't have the time to move the amp around to different spots and such. i'll have time tommorow morning right before pre-service practice though.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
like i said, i was on a tight schedule. i was looking for possible problems to look into in case that didn't work. and i don't feel as if i'm wasting any space on this forum, more than half of the garbage up here is stuff that has been posted 30 times a day. not that my problem has never been up before, but it's not as common as all the other stuff up here.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Maybe a fuse, maybe tubes. I'm pretty positive that it's something to do with the outlet.
Don't plug a whole lot of things into one power strip/outlet. not smart.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
^makes sense yea. but it's just the fact that we don't have a buncha outlets around the band area. us two guitarists and bass player are on one side while the drummer is over to our right and choir kinda positioned in front of us all. we're working on having the positions set up differently soon though. but it's just the fact that me and the bassist use our own amps while my rhythm guitarist just goes into the PA system. but if i can find a way for our positions to stay the same tommorow morning and use two different outlets, i will.

thanks.

darkarbiter, you live on UG as much as i do....rock on.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by slash_rocks2005
^makes sense yea. but it's just the fact that we don't have a buncha outlets around the band area. us two guitarists and bass player are on one side while the drummer is over to our right and choir kinda positioned in front of us all. we're working on having the positions set up differently soon though. but it's just the fact that me and the bassist use our own amps while my rhythm guitarist just goes into the PA system. but if i can find a way for our positions to stay the same tommorow morning and use two different outlets, i will.

thanks.

darkarbiter, you live on UG as much as i do....rock on.

Yeah, I would defiantly say try a different outlet. And TBH, I live on UG too.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by FLCLcowdude
Yeah, I would defiantly say try a different outlet. And TBH, I live on UG too.

Yeah, don't forget FLCLcowdude!
But you've made 1/4 my number of posts . So, if you live here, what does that make me?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Yeah, don't forget FLCLcowdude!
But you've made 1/4 my number of posts . So, if you live here, what does that make me?

Statue!

Sorry, it was the best I could think of.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
^Oh, alright.
Good job for being put on the spot like that.

I'd consider myself more like that one guy who sits around the house (look at the forums as a house), eating stuff all day, and never leaves the house, but never shuts up.

But, back on topic!
Try different outlet.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator