I got a new amp today, my first amp, so i have a couple of noob questions.

First, is the amp supposed to make noise, even with the volume at the lowest setting, i can still hear a noise coming from the amp.

Second, I bought this because of its low volume tones. At this point, im not really sure how low, low is. Whenever the volume on my guitar and the amp is set low, it doesn't even sound like noise is coming from the amp. Is this right?

Third, whenever it is on Voice 16, whenever I play a string, I here another noise with it (not just the note being amplified, some buzz or something like that, is this right?

Fourth, is there any basic information I should know about tube amps or this one in particular?

Thank a lot
I believe that it's actually a hybrid amp. But, it's pretty good.
Has alot of tubeyness to it IMO.

1. Yeah, some amp noise is normal.

2. Turn the guitar volume up all the way, and just adjust the volume on the amp, or vise versa.

3. Isn't that the acoustic voice? I think the "buzz" is part of the acoustic simulation.

4. Don't dump water on them. Leave it on standby for a minute or so before turning on.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
yeah, that is the acoustic voice, thanks man. also, is the turn one volume all the way up and adjust the other the usual thing to do? when i turn the amp on at first, will it take a minute or two for it to actually output sound? extremely sorry for these stupid questions, the manual is not very good
Quote by nikeshp
yeah, that is the acoustic voice, thanks man.

also, is the turn one volume all the way up and adjust the other the usual thing to do? Well, that's what I do for practice. Gigging would be different obviously. I usually turn up my guitar's volume up all the way, and just adjust stuff on my amp.
when i turn the amp on at first, will it take a minute or two for it to actually output sound? Yeah, assuming that it doesn't have a standby switch. I haven't played this amp in a while, so I forgot if it had a standby switch or not. Give it a few minutes with your volume OFF, then start turning up.
extremely sorry for these stupid questions, the manual is not very good. No problem at all.

There you go!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
i just realized this, do you think a big problem with sound issues be from the fact that the gain, treble and bass were all at 1?
^Possibly.
Turn your bass/treble/gain up to about 5.
And work from there.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Turn the pots up on your guitar up. Set everything on the amp at 5. Dial your tone in from there.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd