Check out the new song "Car Keys" at myspace.com/mrjonesandtheinvaders

Will crit 4 crit
"Mr. Jones and the Invaders"
Fender American Telecaster 2005
Takamine EG341SC
VOX AD30VT

Check out my music
hey man,
So overall I think you've got a solid vibe going on...its a nice laid back sorta tune and I dig the vocals. That being said, here are some suggestions I have:

1. I don't know what effect you have on that rhythm guitar, but I don't really like it....it sounds like one of those digitech pedals that comes with like 1000 effects....maybe thats the sound you're going for but I would consider altering it, but thats just my personal taste.

2. The little solo between the first and second verses is a bit wandering and without direction, personally I would shorten it up and make it a bit more structured....leave that sort of meandering til later in the song.

3. At the end of the day, the song kind of doesn't really go anywhere, I can appreciate not wanting to use a verse, chorus, verse, chorus sort of structure....but maybe at the end throw in some sort of modulation or bridge or something.

Hope I've helped...you've definitely got something good there.
Bones, sinking like stones.
Ok, I checked it out and here's my impressions:

The song is good. I like it. Has a strong Tom Petty vibe at the beginning.

Most of my criticisms have to do with the production of the song. The mixing could use a lot of work, as can the equalization. I also think you guys could get a better take on tape as well, but the song is good and I think a better recording of it wouldn't be too difficult.

Some of my stuff:
    Judging from that picture on the page, I'm assumming you were going for a space vibe here. The modualted acoustic guitars really give that vibe. The tone of the vocals is a mix of The Killers and Deftones, which is really cool.
    I think there could have been another section at the end of the song, as it felt really short.

here's some of my stuff if you wanna listen
    http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...ad.php?t=851055
    http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...ad.php?t=851791
    Quote by Guitar Monkey
    Judging from that picture on the page, I'm assumming you were going for a space vibe here. The modualted acoustic guitars really give that vibe. The tone of the vocals is a mix of The Killers and Deftones, which is really cool.
    I think there could have been another section at the end of the song, as it felt really short.

here's some of my stuff if you wanna listen
    http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...ad.php?t=851055
    http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...ad.php?t=851791

Thanks, btw your links don't work to your music
    "Mr. Jones and the Invaders"
    Fender American Telecaster 2005
    Takamine EG341SC
    VOX AD30VT

Check out my music
    Overall the song is pretty good, granted a little slow for my taste i guesss......
    There are a couple of things i would change though

Firstly the rhythm guitar effect is a bit dodgy. Im not too sure why, it just doesn't feel right but if you change it then you would probably have to change the lead as well which would change the song completely. If you do change the rhythm it would do no harm to change the lead to an electric and slam some reverb on. But like i said that changes the song completely. I'd say you could figure something out tho that doesnt require such drastic changes....

Also the little solo between verses one and two is by my reckoning about fifteen seconds too long. I'm not too sure about the setup of your band.. Are drumming, guitar, bass singing??? is the lead guitar singing aswell. Can he/she sing and play at the same time. If so i reckon that the extra little bit of solo between verse 1 and 2 should be tagged on t the end. Like a third fourth verse with just lead and singing maybe with some sweet backing vocals or something

And just a final thing. The song overall sounds a bit muffled. I'm not too sure is it because of the rhythm guitar effect or just the mixing.... or then again it could just be me or my computer!.... Just a thought

Other than that the song is really good!! Congrats!!

Theres a link to my bands bebo pofoile in my sig. And from the bebo theres a link to our myspace.... if you feel so inclined. Theres also two videos in my profile. Im in the members section. My profile is the pic of the cookie monster - Killian O'Connell. Thanks!!
    This is a nice chill song, man. Really relaxing. The singing... although not technically perfect, suited the song very well... very droney - which works with the theme. Very mellow, very nice.
    The lead guitar part was really good, simplistic, which I think goes well, as the song isnt meant to be over-complicated. I actually really like this. I'm gonna check out some of your other stuff.

Thanks for critting mine.
    The first thing that caught me was that awesome EQ'd bass, am I right? I like the guitar chords, it gives you a great basis to put some vocals on the song. You have a great voice for this style of music really chilled out but not boring. a lead connecting to the the second verse would have been cool. But you make up for it with a sweet slow acoustic solo after a short verse. Really cool stuff, I'd go to see you lol

hit me back up if you can:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=853328
    Originally posted by J_Dizzle
    THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
    i really dig the track echo on the bass in the intro

the chord progression is very predictable, but if it makes for a good song thats no problem

this reminds of pearl jam a lot actually, if they were more experimental

the vocals are flat in a few places, but thats only because of the style you use (the country like slides)

i dont like the chorus effect on the guitar at all though, but ive never dug that sound, so that opinion is biased

but overall, the song is solid and interesting, and the recording quality is good, really the only complaint i have is the chorus on the guitar haha

crit mine please?

http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=852781