Page 1 of 8
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=852068

WE HAVE OFFICALLY ENDED THE DONATION PERIOD.

I, darkarbiter7 and 311zoso each appreciate greatly the tremendous effort of the UG community and what you've done to help. Hopefully this thread will be remembered for a long long time and remind us all that even over an internet forum page we can achieve a great impact on a person's life.

thank you
===========================================================
alrite well if you read through a little bit it seems that this kid has been though some sh*t lately and all he wants is some way to clean his dirty gig bag...and I say....why hell don't we figure out some way to donate to him and let him get a nice HARDCASE instead!!

i am a huge UG enthusiast but when it comes to organizing something like this i would have no idea how to even go about it. is it possible? i mean come on....if every member on UG donated 10 cents to this guy he'd be able to prolly buy the best damn case for his guitar money could buy!

alrite well just so you all know, this is NOT a sarcastic post! i seriously wanna know if there's some way to set some kinda donation thing up for this guy. i don't like seeing deserving guitarists not even able to have a nice case for their lovely instrument to dwell in.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Last edited by slash_rocks2005 at May 15, 2008,
I think this sounds like a great idea! I would seriously donate a dollar to the cause.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
yea that's what i'm gettin at, even a tiny fraction of UG each donating a dollar each could cover a hardcase easy. i think he deserves it. i'm just waiting for someone w/ the know how to set this up if it's possible!!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
i've seen people set up paypal accounts, collect money, go buy or whatever and then ship.

EDIT: yep - we would only need 1 volunteer to be the paypal collector/purchase/ship.

here is another idea tho. why don't we figure out which is is his closet Guitar Center. Call them tomorrow. See if they can help, and then maybe we could have folks make their donation that way and when they get to mark, they let us know and we'll shut it down here.

EDIT: and when $mark is made they can tell callers or whatever that it is purchased and over.

then, he could just go over and pick it up as a lot of people don't like to give out their addresses.

would that work?

Slash - are you runnin with this? i don't live in Ohio but i could at least call them and see if they would be interested.

;
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at May 4, 2008,
I'll throw in a few bucks!
Heck, this made me wish that I could have talked down the price of my CBB (sellers didn't budge), I would have bought him a hardcase.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
i wouldn't mind doing that if i actually thought any BIG CORPORATE guitar store would actually care about someone being in 'need'. i can picture it now...

"sorry but we can't do that b/c then everyone would be playing that card and causing us to lose money.." or some BS like that. it's worth a try i figure though.

but i like the idea of a paypal account or somethin. hmmm maybe we could like all send money orders or something to his address...like PM him or something so we could get the specifics. and everyone who's sent off a money order could PM either me or someone else who's helpin out w/ this and that way we could keep an estimate of how much has been sent off to him. that way we wouldn't have to worry bout the (hopefully small, but this guy seems legit) chance of him gettin' lil more than he's askin for.

now i'm only brainstorming here but i'm glad there's other enthusiastic guys out there.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
^Well, let's see here... I wonder if Paypal would even be that easy. how would we get the cash to theacousticpunk?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
First thing that came to mind was just send him a gig bag.. Im sure someone has a extra gigbag or old one they dont use anymore. Out of all the people here there has to be atleast one person with one...
Have people send there donations into 1 paypal account (Like whoever is the "leader") and then buy one from MF or something and have it shipped to him. A lot easier.
yeah Slash i hear ya on the GC thing. i actually had a small nightmare that the local store manager would come on here to see if it was legit and then see all of the bad things we (i) have said about them...HA!

i may call tomorrow (prolly mine locally) just to see if as a company they would be interested in helping achieve that goal. i like the hardcase idea really - especially a fire proof one with a kick ass sticker on it, but it could get expensive if we don't get enough money. i'm saving up for new JJ's and speaker but i could easily throw in 5 or 10 bucks.

i don't know how to do the paypal thing.

man when i heard about the house and the family and found out it was more than just a stinky gig bag my heart dropped. i think i'm going to try to at least ask him what city he is in - i dont' see him online here right now tho

tnx - for creating this seperate thread - great idea!
let's make it happen.

;
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at May 5, 2008,
i'll at least PM him and then also check out guitar center option seperatly. i wish we could move this thread to a non-conspicuous forum like acoustic or something.

did i just say that? man that makes sense. does anyone know a mod well enough to make that happen? his user name is...theacousticpunk!

nevermind...bad idea, we need all the UG'rs we can find right here. whatever we do we need a way to stop the donations when we get to a certain point 'cause were not out to get him a PRS Custom or anything. if it goes over a bit then it is extra supplies for him or cash for family.

He has some nice gear too, so now i'm wondering what kind of gig bag/case he would need? I'm assuming it is one of his electrics.

Gear:
Samick D-1/BS acoustic
Samick Nightingale 12
'91 Washburn KC-42 w/ EMGs (81-SA-SA)
*relic'd* '02? Dean Avlanche HH

EDIT:
I'm guessing it is for Washburn based on some of his posts.

oh, and i feel even closer now:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=851223

oh well, food for thought. need to hit the sheets.

EDIT: Ok, after checking about a dozen web sites this was the closet thing i could find and it is NOT his guitar but may be close. Below is a KC10 found on ebay, and the KC70 i saw looked similar so figured maybe the same...so kind of a cross between a PRS, Strat adn Ibanez. def rare. and for all i know this is not his main guitar so this could be WRONG...only doing some research 'cause i feel for the guy. Either way, a gig bag is a gig bag/case but wanted to get an idea of his main guitar yo.

my vote if we go this route:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Musicians-Gear-Electric-Bass-Metal-Flight-Case-541698-i1151765.gc

;
Attachments:
b364_2.jpg
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at May 4, 2008,
i have an old first act gig bag i dont want...
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
EDIT: Bumpy ^ See additions

EDIT: PM'd :Message to theacousticpunk has been delivered successfully.

I just let him know that there are folks here on UG that feel for him and his family and we would like to help in anyway that we can. Also, that it is a large community, as we know, and there are fellow UG'rs that live close. Whether it is to donate a gig bag or help in any other way - we are here. We just need to know city.

Also, this guy is for real. He gigs. Over in Electric Guitar Forum in the thread Heavy Crunch something something on the last page he references Steve Vai and Bad Horsie so he is a friend.

Man, I gotta get to bed - but let's keep it alive and try to make it happen. Even if he washes and fabreezes that bag the smell may never come out and we don't want that on his Washburn.

EDIT Sunday morning 11:45 CST.

I called my local GC and the manager there was great. He offered up a used gig bag so worst case - i can mail that to acousticpunk. He did say my idea would be hard as: 1.) they don't take credit cards over the phone, 2.) their GC debit cards are run by a third party, 3.) donation could be possible but we would have to contact corporate office on policy.

The paypal thing could still work but i don't know how to set that up.

If someone has a spare gig bag - please PM acousticpunk for address info. He was very thankful that there are fellow UG'rs out there that care and want to help.

;

EDIT: Sunday evening 6:00 pm CST

so....my plan at this time is to pick up used gig bag at GC locally (mngr is very cool) and ship to acousticpunk. i need to go there anyways Monday or Tuesday to check out new tubes and new OD. (thinking bad monkey for now). Acousticpunk is the real deal and he does not want any hand outs - but the cause is very much worth it - so i got it...and it will come from all UG'rs that believe in unity and understanding. i know that sounds gay but it is the truth. gotta go for awhile but i'lll be back in 3 or 4 hours.

having major internet connectivity issues here at the house and have been out cutting grass at house all day long it seams.

;
please read the link to Gig Bag thread that Slash_rocks copied in at top, and then re-read this one.

do you think we would go thru all of this effort for a guitar case for the hell of it?

it is a good will gesture to a fellow UG'er in the name of unity.

;
alrite so i finally got to reupdating myself on this thread. i'm pleased, SO pleased in fact that there are so many actual caring people on here. except you, Say Ocean, ..... youuuu need to lighten up and pay attention to the principal here.

311ZOSOVHJH, thank you for going out of ur way to help this cause! i hope that theacousticpunk will be very pleased with whatever we can manage to get for him though!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Yeah, this is really a good cause. Banding together in others times of need is what needs to happen more often in the world.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Quote by FLCLcowdude
Yeah, this is really a good cause. Banding together in others times of need is what needs to happen more often in the world.

Exactly.

Look in the upper left corner of your screen, it says "UG Community"
And what do the members of a good community do? They help each other out.

Once someone gets a collection going, I am ready to donate!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
yea i'm still waitin for a 'brain' to come in and organize a paypal account or something. i myself think that either darkarbiter7, 311ZOSOVHJH or myself would be reliable for such a trust-needing concept.

when it comes to people's donations you can't go around just letting any UGer set somethin like this up.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by slash_rocks2005
yea i'm still waitin for a 'brain' to come in and organize a paypal account or something. i myself think that either darkarbiter7, 311ZOSOVHJH or myself would be reliable for such a trust-needing concept.

when it comes to people's donations you can't go around just letting any UGer set somethin like this up.

Well, I already have a paypal account, but we'll need to get theacousticpunk's address so I can have the case ship to him. We also need to figure out exactly which guitar he wants it for.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
alrite i'm gonna PM him now and find out what i can.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Alright, I need to chat with the parents, to make sure it's cool. But since it's charitable, they won't care at all.

I also need to verify that I can just use the credit I get on my paypal account to pay for a case on MF. I think it works like that, so we should be fine.

Perhaps a letter to go along with it?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
are u saying we should have a letter WITH his guitar case for him to read? if that's the case, i think that's brilliant! just to show how much we care lol.

PM has been sent. i spent a lil while telling him bout where i'm coming from and lettin him know that god kinda put it on my heart an all. i didn't wanna get all into religion and stuff on him but i wanted him to know that we're strictly doing this to benefit HIM, not scam him or anything.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by slash_rocks2005
are u saying we should have a letter WITH his guitar case for him to read? if that's the case, i think that's brilliant! just to show how much we care lol.

PM has been sent. i spent a lil while telling him bout where i'm coming from and lettin him know that god kinda put it on my heart an all. i didn't wanna get all into religion and stuff on him but i wanted him to know that we're strictly doing this to benefit HIM, not scam him or anything.

I really love how we are running with this cause. I am really honestly moved by everyones emotional response to someone in need. Seeing as we have never even met each other in person, much less even talked on the phone, this is a truly amazing community. I think it would be really cool if we could all upload a pic of our signatures, and put them on the letter to "theacousticpunk" just to make it even more personal. It would be a really cool thing to see. Much more, a really heartwarming thing for everyone involved, us all knowing that we did the right thing for someone in need!
Quote by thrilla13w

Quote by Slaytanic1993
someone set up a paypal account, and ill donate a dollar or two (mabye three if im feeling generous).
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
Quote by stangconv
I am in... My gear all just got stolen, but I am not exactly hard up for cash...

This is a great idea and I would be proud to donate.

I got $20 for it. Who is gonna match?

Awe....really dude?

I thought you said it was just your pedalboard - which was bad enough .
that's the spirit bros. this guy is gonna get somethin good i can tell lol. and the whole uploading pics of our signatures sounds superb as well!

though when he gets it in the mail he needs to take a pic of all his 'love' from UG so we can plaster it in a thread!! and YES...that thread WILL be posted in GG&A!!!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by DiMeTiMe
Awe....really dude?

I thought you said it was just your pedalboard - which was bad enough .

Not all my gear but a lot of it... I was still going through everything that day..

Still am honestly.. got to send a list in to insurance tommorrow
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^exactly

it's not like the dude came on here and said my knockoff guitar and mg amp got toasted...i'm a lazy punk so send money to this address...

i can tell you with 100% confidnece that this dude is the real deal.

gc was at least kind enough here in the midwest to donate a used gig bag so i'll pick up and ship in the name of UG Community. i'll never talk bad about GC again yo!

i was born in ohio, live midwest, love guitar, and want to help not hurt. we all need to live this!

i have been extremely humbled by this entire experience that Theacousicpunk has been thru...i can only imagine. think what a funeral, hospital bills, and possibly a new house could do to a family - and that is WITH good insurance. Some things like photos and personal gear can never be replaced.

point is, it is easy to sit here day in and day out and rant and rave -...or come in as a noob and ask a question as to 'do i spend four hundred dollars or seven hundred dollars'...it is all relative.

311zoso

;
i'm not bumping or spamming or trolling but it took a bit to draft that ^ and i am just now reading it all...nice comments guys on UG.

ps - i've pm'd already and told him that there may be people pm'ing him for address.

;
Yeah, I don't think that I will ever talk bad about peoples gear ever again. We always have to be thankful we even have gear.
Quote by thrilla13w

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Yeah, copy/scanning our actual signatures would be cool. Or, just having a paint rendition of it would be cool.

I have a paypal account all set up, I just got to check with the folks, and to read paypal's help page just to make sure I know how to use it.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
everyone who's participating make sure you really appreciate what's going on right now

i say that b/c the chances of us doing this again are almost guaranteed not to happen. once people see that ONE guy got donations for something for his gear there's gonna be people scamming up ideas to get themselves undeserved donations for fake/overexaggerated stories. b/c that's how a lotta people will see this...some guy has a sad story so he got something free. and i dont think we can take any chances after this donation, just b/c you never know what length someone might go to in order to get something free. this will probably be the first and last UG community donation done by the 'little guys' in the forums lol.

it's sad that it's true, but i had to say it.

this is going great so far oh and thanks for giving him the heads up on the address thing.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by slash_rocks2005
everyone who's participating make sure you really appreciate what's going on right now

i say that b/c the chances of us doing this again are almost guaranteed not to happen. once people see that ONE guy got donations for something for his gear there's gonna be people scamming up ideas to get themselves undeserved donations for fake/overexaggerated stories. b/c that's how a lotta people will see this...some guy has a sad story so he got something free. and i dont think we can take any chances after this donation, just b/c you never know what length someone might go to in order to get something free. this will probably be the first and last UG community donation done by the 'little guys' in the forums lol.

it's sad that it's true, but i had to say it.

this is going great so far oh and thanks for giving him the heads up on the address thing.

I read you.
This may not be the last time, but we have to make sure that we don't deny someone who just wants something as simple as a gig bag, or even just a bag of picks or something like that.

My paypal address is darkarbiter7@yahoo.com

Don't send any cash until i'm a bit more familiar with paypal's policies and stuff.

I think if you guys send me credit, it shows up in my paypal funds, and I can spend that on MF. If something freaky happens, where you want your credit back or something (even though it'll only be a few bucks probably), I should be able to send you back the credit.

But, i'll say when i'm prepared to get donations in.
Plus, someone do some research to see which case on MF we want to get.
If everyone chips in a few bucks, we should be able to get him a nice gig bag, maybe even a hard case.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Last edited by darkarbiter7 at May 5, 2008,
I am now ready to receive donations at darkarbiter7@yahoo.com
I know how paypal works a bit more now. It doesn't seem too hard.

I still need to know his address and what case he needs.
Plus, someone should start getting a letter in the works.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
This is really cool, I'd donate but I don't have any money that isn't reserved for food....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
darkarbiter7 - tnx for setting this up. i'm in for $20 min. just give us the go when you are ready. can i send that to you without a paypal account? i don't know honestly as i've never bought anything on-line that needed it.

EDIT: got it

Case with a kick ass sticker? anyone know how to do that? i like the letter and sig or avatar idea too.

darkarbiter - i'll pm you tonight! tnx

and slash_rocks - tnx - good points made. tnx agian!

note: i can tell you, and anyone else out there on the public internet, to never disclose your address or real name or phone number, as you are viewing a public site that can be re-read by someone else. it is like email, it never ever goes away...sorry for rant but it should be obvious. the acousticpunk has a seperate address from home, which is smart, and we can use that.

;

tnx tnx tnx tnx tnx