Hey, whats up UG. I'm getting a new amp at the end of summer once I've saved enough money, and I'm fairly certain it will be an Orange Rockerverb head. I think its the 50 watt one but I dunno. The price tag says $1800 USD but the salesman said he would sell it for $1500 USD, so if that sounds right for the 50 watt...

The problem is I don't know what cab to get with it. The orange one with it at the store was 500$, and it looked like 2x12. Would it be best to get the orange cab with the head? Or could I get a 4x12 cab that would be just as good for the same price? I'm just wondering as I really know nothing about cabs.

If it affects your advice:
I play hard rock/punk/ska/metal/classic rock. The guitar I'd be playing through it is a Gibson Les Paul Studio from the 90's and a Fender MIM strat and tele.

Thanks for the help.

Co-Founder of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM me or TechnicolorBoy to join.

My music --> Check it out!
just get the 2x12
since orange cabs are notoriously heavy, it will take at least one other person to help you move it (the 4x12) because you shouldn't have casters on those orange cab because they take away the bass when its not directly on the ground
i'd go with the orange. amy as well look friggin sweet.
Check out my music:
Sideshow

"Swing your hips, not your fists"- Cedric Bixler Zavala
Okay, thanks man. But I was thinking maybe if a cab from a different company would be the same quality but cheaper. Any thoughts on that?

Edit: to guitaruboy

well
when your amps over a grand you generally don't want to skip out on the cabinet (remember, the cabinet is just as important to your sound).
what i recomend is for you to go to a shop with your newly bought amp and try hooking it up to several cabs and see which you like
Yeah, I'll probably end up doing that. Thanks dude.

$1500 for a Rockerverb 50 head? Whadda deal
Check out Avatar cabs though if you don't mind ordering it offline.
You can choose what speakers you want in the cab and they even come in orange to match

If you don't mind, shoot me a PM about this guitar store you're speaking of? I'm also getting an Oragne RV50 and can't find'em cheaper than $1800!

Good luck with whatever you choose!
Quote by G Sauce
$1500 for a Rockerverb 50 head? Whadda deal
Check out Avatar cabs though if you don't mind ordering it offline.
You can choose what speakers you want in the cab and they even come in orange to match

If you don't mind, shoot me a PM about this guitar store you're speaking of? I'm also getting an Oragne RV50 and can't find'em cheaper than $1800!

Good luck with whatever you choose!

Dude, theres a selection on eBay, good condition for less than 1500. You have to bid though.