I'm really struggling with this one. I have been obsessively working on this song for weeks now to get it just right for a talent show with my best friend, who plays bass. I have the whole song down and I have Slash's tone nailed. However, I just can't get the super fast part mid-solo. It's after the 7th fret bend - right when the wah starts. You guys should know what I'm talking about. I can get it sometimes, but I have to warm up for hours and I get all hot and sweaty and stressed and I can barely do it. What kind of picking is it? Am I doing something wrong? I'm decent at alternate picking, but not when I need to go fast. Only normal-speed stuff. If the only way I can really do this is alternate picking, then I'm screwed. Anyway, I do it with down strokes and I have to be REAL fast and it's horribly uncomfortable and I can rarely do it.

Any tips at all? I'd appreciate it so much.
I alternate pick on the solo, just not that super 6 second(?) fast part. I'm clueless as to what economy picking is, I'll go look it up.

Edit: Ugh. This is gonna take sooo much work D:
I still haven't nailed that bit after 18 years of trying - it's hella fiddly
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Do it slowly, I've read a post here somewhere, that after doing for 21 days, you'd be able to nail it.
If you have guitar pro, download a tab for it and use the speed trainer. Start it off really slow and gradually get faster. Don't progress to the next speed until you can do it perfectly.
I know its hard for a lot of people... but I go on youtube and everyone can do it, like its nothing special... I just don't get it. Thanks for the replies.
Quote by Slash42x
I know its hard for a lot of people... but I go on youtube and everyone can do it, like its nothing special... I just don't get it. Thanks for the replies.

Everyone can't do it at all, that's nonsense. All the people who've posted it on youtube can do it, but of course they can - why would you post it on youtube if you couldn't do it?

Stop feeling sorry for yourself and practice it!
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
It's not just the picking that makes it sound like that. Slash uses a few hammers and pulls mixed in with some alternate picking. It's really not that hard. Maybe you've just put up a mental block that's preventing you from progressing with this part of the song. I really don't know what note it is where you're playing falls apart, but all anyone can really say is to persist and pull through.
Global warming at my homework, sir.
+1 just pick up your metronome and increase 5bpm every time you nail it so start of slow
yup its a sig... yeaaah..
The fast part really doesn't have a lot of picking involved. It is mainly pulls-off's, hammer-on's, and slides.
Thanks for all the responces. A lot of it really didn't seem like picking, but I coudln't coordinate hammerons/pulloffs on the three different strings... I'll figure it out though. I appreciate all the responces o.o
Quote by Milkywaykid1
+1 just pick up your metronome and increase 5bpm every time you nail it so start of slow

Well before I do that, I gotta learn how to play it right. The techniques and when to use them and such.