Page 1 of 2
Wow! This is awesome! In Flames have completely left their nasty sound that characterised their earlier albums and opted for a more mainstream style that draws comparison to forgotten legends such as Evanescence and Linkin Park! I always hated their early stuff, like Subterranean, but A Sense of Purpose is really great metal! They’ve taken out the boring melody and solos and down-tuned their guitars even more so they could sound even more metal! Obviously this shows that In Flames look up to Korn (my favourite band).

There are some brilliant clean vocals on this that would make Chester (of Linkin Park) himself shed a tear. Every now and then there are some screams that represent the singer’s troubled childhood and point to an even more extreme metal influence, like Slipknot or early Limp Bizkit. Unfortunately I didn’t have time to listen to the whole thing so I’m not sure if they rapped or not. I hope they did! In Flames even cater for the less extreme among us by every now and then reminding you of bands such as Good Charlotte and Simple Plan with their vocals.

It is great that Linkin Park released their first album only 8 years ago and already has a legacy in the form of In Flames! It’s not quite as extreme as bands like Slipknot or even the inventors of metal (Korn) but at least they got rid of their stupid melodies! Soon enough, A Sense of Purpose should break the top 40 and appear on the morning video hits TV show, I can’t wait! Some said that metal died in around 2005 when Limp Bizkit sold out but In Flames have revived true metal with this amazing album!
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
be prepared to recieve hell for this very unintelligent post. UG is comprived of a group of real metal heads who understand the reason behind good music. slipknot and korn are not metal. korn is nu-metal and slipknot just sucks. learn this and you will be successful on UG. also if you actually play the guitar well
Gear:
1982 Washburn T-bird
2007 BC Rich Warbeast
Quote by I,Voyager
The trap has been set...now we need only wait for the catch.

Quote by 6stringsin
be prepared to recieve hell for this very unintelligent post. UG is comprived of a group of real metal heads who understand the reason behind good music. slipknot and korn are not metal. korn is nu-metal and slipknot just sucks. learn this and you will be successful on UG. also if you actually play the guitar well

Ah, that was quick.
Quote by 6stringsin

This makes me further lose faith in humanity.
you sir metal7690 must realize where i am coming from right? i mean comparing in flames to korn is like comparing chocolate to crap. just because it is brown does not make it the same thing
Gear:
1982 Washburn T-bird
2007 BC Rich Warbeast
Quote by 6stringsin
you sir metal7690 must realize where i am coming from right? i mean comparing in flames to korn is like comparing chocolate to crap. just because it is brown does not make it the same thing

Somehow, I'm getting the feeling that you're just going along with TS's joke.

Nobody could be THAT stupid, right?

RIGHT?!!!
Quote by 6stringsin

No. Comparing In Flames to KoRn is like comparing a polished turd to an ancient, web-ridden, dusty turd.
I've found Jesus
Quote by 6stringsin

Do...I....even respond....?

*sigh*

Buy yourself a new sarcasm detector/brain and then read the first post again. Please.
Hey 6stringsin, obviously you don't come round here much and only hopped in because you saw this was the first thread. Clearly I do not like this crap and to be honest with you it reminds me of Linkin Park more than Korn hence my numerous Linkin Park references.
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

ahhhh finally.
someone that has the same appreciation of such a master piece as me!
i heard that when limp bizkit get their new album out that their both going to co headline a world tour...
that would be amazing.
Maybe In Flames need to headline the "Moderately Mediocre Metal Madness Tour" featuring themselves, and then a surprise appearance by themselves again, but covering only Linkin Park for the rest of the set.
I've found Jesus
you guys do realize i'm just being stupid because i am very bored
and no matter how much anyone wants it to be funny bands like this should not be compared
Gear:
1982 Washburn T-bird
2007 BC Rich Warbeast
Mate listen to Evanescence - Bring Me To Life and then listen to In Flames - Alias. Yes, one of these bands has a girl on vocals (I couldn't tell which), but they are very, very similar

yes i know and those songs are the ones that upset me. i however enjoy the ones like crawl throungh knives
Gear:
1982 Washburn T-bird
2007 BC Rich Warbeast
Quote by MHDrunk
Mate listen to Evanescence - Bring Me To Life and then listen to In Flames - Alias. Yes, one of these bands has a girl on vocals (I couldn't tell which)

Hey 6string, that song isnt on this album

Quote by Sibbhat
You want some love too or whats up?

Nah man, I was just quoting your sentiments when the board yelled at me and said I needed at least two original characters in my post. I chose two periods to fill that void. Although a little love wouldn't hurt.
Quote by MHDrunk
They’ve taken out the boring melody and solos

I stopped reading here, and dismissed you as a moron as you clearly haven't even listened to the album.

Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
^Um, he's just being sarcastic Duncang, at least I hope so.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
duncang i listened to about 4 tracks (they were in alphabetical order on my mp3 for some reason) and there is no denying there is less melody and soloing on this than their previous works...

This album is about as bad as Cryptopsy's newest.
The Kovenant of Terror, Marshal of the Legion of Metal.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)
Br00tal, Terror Kovenant=metal's king

Quote by The Virtuoso
^Um, he's just being sarcastic Duncang, at least I hope so.

He's still saying that they're getting rid of the melodies, but the sarcastic part is he's saying it's a good thing.

But man, there are plenty of melodies and solos, far more than their last 3 albums.
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
Cryptopsy's latest I think is worse, although I've only heard Bemoan The Martyr off that one

Quote by MHDrunk
Cryptopsy's latest I think is worse, although I've only heard Bemoan The Martyr off that one

You're right, Cryptopsy's new album IS much much worse and it's almost all as bad as Bemoan The Martyr, but at least listen to it before you say that
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
Well I thought I could generalise that track to the rest of it, and apparently I am correct

Wait, so is the sarcasm kinda blown off by now?

Well then, ASOP sucks, I would literally rather listen to metalcore than this.
Wow, you're cool.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion

My god I love you MH...

But I actually agree with duncang on the whole "listening to more than one or two tracks before dismissing an album" thing

You have let the crapness sink in. You must be ONE WITH IT, before you can truly appreciate the sheer horror of it.

I think this is the first time I've seen MHDrunk rant about something he doesnt like that isn't core, and even then he only rants about core in the chat thread.
Page 1 of 2