Hey guys, in the game GTA IV, do any of you know if we ever live the American dream, as they say, and get a big house?
One Love
play it and find out
My stuff:

ESP EX-50
SX Telecaster Replica
Jade 75 watt amp
15 Watt Mega-amp, lol.
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Digitech RP50
(I didn't play GTAIV, so I dunno if this is irrelevant or not, but it's what I think of the "American Dream")

I think the American Dream, so to speak, is absolute bull****. Become rich, big house, 12 cars, yaddy yaddy ya. All it does it contribute to the vicious cycle that is American culture. Which is buying stuff. Think about it, it's a terribly horrible circle...

You come home from work, with your money, watch TV, see things you envy, go buy them.

Rinse and repeat. It's an absolutely brainwashed deadly cycle that keeps us from realizing what's really important in life. Like not buying pillows doused in neuro-toxin. But more like enjoying ourselves.

But I digress, back to the American Dream! I believe it was merely instated to keep people in the cycle I described earlier. On top of that, it's so people don't become free-thinking people, if people forged their own dreams instead of following the "American Dream", we wouldn't be such a damn greedy world, but then again, I can't really say, I've never seen it.

FOR THOSE WHO SAY TL'DR

All-in-all, the American Dream is useless, a brainwashing tool to keep us in a vicious endless cycle.
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
Hey man, I mentioned the American Dream because that's what the characters in the game say they are chasing when they arrive at America. But I guess I do agree with you.
One Love
Quote by isuckhardcore
(I didn't play GTAIV, so I dunno if this is irrelevant or not, but it's what I think of the "American Dream")

I think the American Dream, so to speak, is absolute bull****. Become rich, big house, 12 cars, yaddy yaddy ya. All it does it contribute to the vicious cycle that is American culture. Which is buying stuff. Think about it, it's a terribly horrible circle...

You come home from work, with your money, watch TV, see things you envy, go buy them.

Rinse and repeat. It's an absolutely brainwashed deadly cycle that keeps us from realizing what's really important in life. Like not buying pillows doused in neuro-toxin. But more like enjoying ourselves.

But I digress, back to the American Dream! I believe it was merely instated to keep people in the cycle I described earlier. On top of that, it's so people don't become free-thinking people, if people forged their own dreams instead of following the "American Dream", we wouldn't be such a damn greedy world, but then again, I can't really say, I've never seen it.

FOR THOSE WHO SAY TL'DR

All-in-all, the American Dream is useless, a brainwashing tool to keep us in a vicious endless cycle.

Fail
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
Fail? How so? If anything, fail fails with a lack of reasoning.
Quote by SmElLy KiD

Quote by isuckhardcore

FOR THOSE WHO SAY TL'DR

Are pillows really doused with nuero-toxin? Cuz i bought a new one today
Quote by isuckhardcore

The "American Dream" is being able to do whatever you want. If that includes a big house and a ton of cars, that's fine, but that's not what the American Dream is/was about.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
Just something that I heard, could be a rumor. I find it to be a good example though.
Quote by SmElLy KiD

Quote by isuckhardcore

FOR THOSE WHO SAY TL'DR

Are you seriously dictating what the definition of success and a good life for people can and can't be? Well that's a little ridiculous.
Perhaps I came off wrong? I never said it was bad, I may have implied it, but if it's what makes you happy, then...well. You're set.

Is it so wrong for me to voice my opinion about the American Dream?
Quote by SmElLy KiD

Quote by isuckhardcore

FOR THOSE WHO SAY TL'DR

Yes, yes you did say it was bad. Quit bein so preachy.
Saw-wee...

I have a tendency to get carried away.
Quote by SmElLy KiD

Quote by isuckhardcore

The main character finds out about the American Dream, and he realizes how much BS it is.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
I posted first that I don't even have GTAIV =P.
Quote by SmElLy KiD

Quote by isuckhardcore

FOR THOSE WHO SAY TL'DR

this guy has the right attitude, i personaly think this whole american dream crap is just vulgar, having the biggest this the most that, thats why you wont sign the kyoto treaty and insist on having hummers for a daily runaround, its just disgusting for once think of everyone else before yourself
The American dream....

More like the capitalist dream.
Everyone becomes a genius when they join UG