Does anyone have any experience with the Randall RX series amps, or even better the RX35DM? I'm in the market for a new amp, mainly because I need something that has an aux in for playing with music, and of course a headphone jack. I do 95% of my playing with headphones on, so I don't really need a super loud amp. I'm currently playing through a Crate GLX15 which isn't the best amp, but I get a nice distortion out of it, it just doesn't have the capability to run a mp3 player through it. I'm looking to spend no more than 150.00-200.00. I play mainly metallica, slayer, type of music, so I nice gain would be a plus.
Quote by dshavers
Does anyone have any experience with the Randall RX series amps, or even better the RX35DM? I'm in the market for a new amp, mainly because I need something that has an aux in for playing with music, and of course a headphone jack. I do 95% of my playing with headphones on, so I don't really need a super loud amp. I'm currently playing through a Crate GLX15 which isn't the best amp, but I get a nice distortion out of it, it just doesn't have the capability to run a mp3 player through it. I'm looking to spend no more than 150.00-200.00. I play mainly metallica, slayer, type of music, so I nice gain would be a plus.

I've got the RX120D 120 Watt half stack, and I think it sounds pretty good, would sound good for what you're trying to play, and is right in your price range.. I don't know of many other amps within that range, so I can't suggest anything else, but I'm sure someone else could.
Yeah the only amps really in that range are the Marshalls, Line6, and Roland Cubes. I really don't like the sound of the Line6, and I've heard the marshalls are kind of pricey for what you get. I was looking into the VOX XL series, but of course none of them have the aux input jack that I'm needing. From what i've researched, most Randalls are great for metal.

Quote by Tirkaz
I've got the RX120D 120 Watt half stack, and I think it sounds pretty good, would sound good for what you're trying to play, and is right in your price range.. I don't know of many other amps within that range, so I can't suggest anything else, but I'm sure someone else could.