Page 1 of 2
okay so basically for the past 2-3 months I've been having random periods of depression where I just feel sad as s*** and its just been getting worse. Theres no apparent reason for it- my life is pretty good and nothing bads happened to me recently. This is serious, I've been going so far as to contemplate suicide...help anyone?
We walked into the night

Am I to bid you farewell?

Why can't you see that I try
When every tear I shed

Is for you?
How do people become depressed randomly? I don't get it...

Deal with it? Don't let it get to you? I dunno what to tell you man.
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
yeh the same thing hapenned to me for a while but just dont think about it to much at all it will go away
Quote by Beast-Wyvern
okay so basically for the past 2-3 months I've been having random periods of depression where I just feel sad as s*** and its just been getting worse. Theres no apparent reason for it- my life is pretty good and nothing bads happened to me recently. This is serious, I've been going so far as to contemplate suicide...help anyone?

You're not gonna find help in the pit. Probably the only good answer you'll get unless there's a psych student in our midst.
last.fm[/url}
Suck it up buttercup.

You know, go outside? Dont come look for advice in the pit where merciless teenage boys post. Someone will sure enough tell you to go through with it, but dont. If you think life is hard now just wait til you are grown and have real responisibilites, just try that out first before you do something stupid. You have friends, go chill with em for a few days. Ive had a friend hang himself, I wish he would have come to see me instead. So you know, be around caring people.
Get help. Preferably help from a qualified psychiatrist.
If we're never together, if I'm never back again, well i swear to God that I'll love you forever. Evelyn, I'm not coming home tonight.
wow, holy coincidence, dude, I have the same deal, up until recently I had the same problem, you should definitely get medical attention, it might cost you something real, believe me.
Harden the f*** up.
Quote by kyrreca
You could get $1000 custom made pickups hand wired with Eric Johnsons pubic hair, and they'd still sound pretty bad through a ****ty solid state practice amp.

Quote by Geetar_Axel
Really? I thought Frontmans where highly respected around here?!
same thing here, just go out for a while, or get your friends to force you to do things, it helps trust me.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

get therapy. this is serious. do not try to ignore it.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
same for me. i hung out with friends more. the friends that matter. let loose and did what i wanted to and not what i was supposed to do. get out of your comfort zone for a while and it'll be allllll right.
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
Did anything change in your life recently? New school? New job? New relationship? Something new in your family? Family problems? Depression is usually brought on by some kind of change in your life, usually a change for the worse. Sometimes the problem isn't evident to you and it could be good to talk with someone about it to help uncover the problem and deal with it. It could also just be something that's coming on with puberty, such as a chemical imbalance that could be corrected with medication.
maybe cuz you're realizing for the first time that life is pointless?

let it sink in...pretty soon you'll learn to take advantage of that fact, and then you'll be alive again =)
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by Beast-Wyvern

I know how you feel. It happens, and theres no reason. One thing that I have found to help is taking a vitamin called 5-HTP. It increases the seratonin levels in your brain, its supposed to increase your mood. It works for me, you might want to try it. You can get it at any health-product/vitamin shop. GNC or something like that, not sure what you have near you
Quote by gallagher2006
Whats a Steve Vai? Floyd Rose ripoff?

... wow...
Talk to people. Friends, family, a counselor if you feel thats what you need... It always helps to talk about things. And if you ever feel you need someone to talk to, you can always talk to me.
smoke lots of high grade weed with boarderline racist.

MY life sucked hardcore for awhile, but its slowly getting better.
i feel ya, get depressed every now and than

what kept me going was the belief that the next day would be better, even if it sucked. Just thought eventually something good will happen and i didnt wanna miss out on it even if i had to go through one crappy day after another
Without spiritual mentoring, too much freedom can lead to the soul's decay
- Prince
Do you think maybe its just boredom? That can make everything suck. Igest or inhale whatever chemicals you enjoy. If you feel bad the next day, maybe you should get a chemical you imbibe on a regular basis.
Millions of people think they are depressed when they are not. More often that not, it is because of a lack of attention or otherwise.
HI GUYS!
Loosen up, hang out with your friends, get drunk (LOL) and keep yourself busy.
Let's make everything SIMPLE shall we?
Quote by redneck516
Harden the f*** up.

Shut the **** up.

Exercise might help, try to make your life busier. So busy that you don't have time to think bad thoughts. Just wear yourself out.
Quote by AronRa (Youtube user)
It is better to be proven wrong, than to forever be wrong, and never know it.

Quote by Meths
Bill Hicks rules.

I hate my user name >_<
Try cleaning out your belly button with a cotton swab. I mean, really get in there, get all the lint out. Make that thing shine. Make it so nice, you could stick food in there and eat out of it. Because there is no greater feeling of satisfaction than cleaning out your belly button. It will at least make you feel better for a little while.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
talk to your family/friends about it and don't post a topic about it on UG
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Quote by Rocker_69

Exercise might help, try to make your life busier. So busy that you don't have time to think bad thoughts. Just wear yourself out.

Thats really good advice. If you're not fit now, keep exercising. You'll feel better physically and you'll feel better about yourself.
last.fm[/url}
Quote by Rocker_69
Shut the **** up.

Yeah, exercise also makes you feel good and accomplished after you do it and takes your mind of stuff. To the peoples saying harden up or real life is harder or stop whining or something, depression is an illness that has to be taken seriously, it's a chemical imbalance in the brain that causes it, and if he does have it he needs therapy or medication or something else.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by richiemokkiez
Millions of people think they are depressed when they are not. More often that not, it is because of a lack of attention or otherwise.

Millions of people disregard the feelings of others due to a lack of sympathy/empathy and attribute them to a lack of attention. Go figure.

EDIT:

TS exercise does help, but it can be bloody hard to force yourself to do the things that will help. Try to avoid drinking, it rarely helps as much as you think it will, often making things much, much worse.
Ceci n'est pas une signature
Just get out of the house, I've been like this for years now, I started seeing the uni counsellor a few weeks ago, and things are definitely on the up, go out to gigs, do some exercise, try not to feel alone too much, keep in contact with people etc.

All this stuff has helped me after about 5 years of ignoring it.

Edit: ^ this guy too, avoid drinking.
kill yourself
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
Go out, see your friends. Let yourself be open to having a good time instead of just automatically thinking that everything's a bust. I know it's so cliche, but if you do just try and keep your chin up, after a while things start to improve. I also found it helps to throw yourself into learning a really hard song, and when you conquer it, you sorta forget for a while that you're depressed.
Hey Meg.
Proud of you.
One thing to know we are getting to 2012, and that is the we shift into the age of Aquarius. It is debatable when that really starts, but many think that is the date. Before then all artistic types will go through hell to "get real" and the middle class in track homes will kill themselves & each other by the drove. **** happens.

OK next watch the movie Dogma. Then watch 300 of you don't feel better.

Checkout my website, many have told me it is a good bookmark for fighting depression: http://3rdstone.net

Also checkout http://brainradar.com it is a cool blast of creativity.

Get some wisdom from my friend DT @ http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=drturistar&p=r

Also ups and downs are inevitable. To by honest I think depressed people are the only honest ones. A lot about living on planet Earth does suck, and if ones eyes are open they will see ENDLESS ****ed stuff.

Yes really life is pointless... so just make up a point man. Live some creative herioc mission. No one has to know about it. Be a Guitar Ninja... goto guitar center.

Also one I was told I was going to drop dead by a Dr. They ran test to see if I really was... and I wasn't going to it turns out. Now that sucked. When we realize that maybe there is not point to life, and we only have a little time left it makes the world different. All that new age crap goes out the window...

At a primal level everyone is the same. Have been to war twice in my life. When a person get shot they all cry for their mothers... when the bullets and explosions come, all parents through themselves on their children... we are all the same. Nothing like pulled dead parents off their wounded children to **** up the rest of your life... not to mention carrying people suffering too badly from starvation and dehydration into the shade to die.

Life does suck sometimes, even it if is just a perspective. Watch "V for Vendetta" it will cheer you up. At least you are not pissed and burned to ****.

Sometimes being depressed is just getting real.

I cannot tell you to be happy. But I can tell you to be real, to live a ****ing authentic life. If you are depressed, get into it. But turn it into anger in time and spit back in the gods face that pissed you off. Then get your **** together and get off to the gym and workout. But your anger into some iron... you will feel better. Don't get weaker, get stronger.

Listen to some Henry Rollins spoken word... when ever you get down... imagine Henry saying to you "Stop being a pussy!" that would be a great poster to have on the wall to see when first waking up.

Craig
2-3 months? dude, ive been depressed for like 2 yrs now.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by thedudemeister
2-3 months? dude, ive been depressed for like 2 yrs now.

I don't think he was asking for a competition.
Hey Meg.
Proud of you.
Page 1 of 2