hey just wondering how often/if at all should i replace all of my guitar strings?
you know is there a time when your strings have been used so much that it starts to affect the sound and you should then change them?
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
Quote by FuZzY(aus)
hey just wondering how often/if at all should i replace all of my guitar strings?
you know is there a time when your strings have been used so much that it starts to affect the sound and you should then change them?

I hear you should do change em a least every 4-6 months.
Gear:
Dean VX
Ovation Celebrity CC44 Electric Acoustic
VOX DA5
when you start to hear the tone change or the elasticity in the string become less otherwise leave it.
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
i would prefer to do it every week, i have the money to do it every 2 or 2 and a half weeks. they break down fairly quickly, and i can hear tone well enough to hear how that happens
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
awesome thanks heaps
yeh mines are slightly rusted and im going to buy some more strings and replace them
thanks heaps guys
how can you afford to replace strings every 2 or so weeks....
i can hardly afford strings after a good couple of months
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Quote by spiderjerusalem
i would prefer to do it every week, i have the money to do it every 2 or 2 and a half weeks. they break down fairly quickly, and i can hear tone well enough to hear how that happens

Id only suggest this if you actually like that 'new string' sound, a lot of people like their strings more once they've worn them in a bit.
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
Quote by FuZzY(aus)

how can you afford to replace strings every 2 or so weeks....
i can hardly afford strings after a good couple of months

Well definately buy them online if you can because you'll find shops always add an extra few $$$ to the price
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
ok awesome thanks for this massive response do i need to delete this thread or something?
never made a thread before lol
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
I want to get in on this before it dies.. O.O

I change my strings every 1-3 months. I'm anal about it ;P
Once a month when I'm actively playing, band is active, etc. Or right before we do any recording.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
when it sounds and/or feels like it needs it. it'll depend on the humidity etc. and the chemical composition of your sweat, how often you play and other things like that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?