I can't write well, but I enjoy covering nirvana, stp, and queens of the stone age. Who fancies themselves a one-man-band?
singing while playing the guitar? you sir, are a revolutionary!
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by Zugunruhe
singing while playing the guitar? you sir, are a revolutionary!

Alert the presses! This man will go down in history!
Quote by InvaderTSN
Alert the presses! This man will go down in history!

i never thought of it before! it seems so simple, now!
Quote by Zugunruhe
i never thought of it before! it seems so simple, now!

How is it simple? The mere thought of combining those two aspects of music is mind boggling!
Quote by richiemokkiez
Isn't it common to sing whilst you play the guitar? Eg tears in heaven?
I gotta admit, my singing could use more fluidity and depth though.

You serious? If so *facepalm*.
james hetfeild belts out master of puppets riffs and sings at the same time..
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I beat my wife

Beating yea bi
Quote by InvaderTSN
How is it simple? The mere thought of combining those two aspects of music is mind boggling!
youre right. but now that its there, im gonna be a brand new person! im gonna play the guitar and sing at the same time! look out world, here i come!
Quote by InvaderTSN

it sounds simple but it has many many complexities, i have the problem of always trying to match my vocals to whatever not im playing, or try to fit my vocals into the weird rhythm of the strumming and it sounds weird.

forgot to add, sometimes i sing my own stuff. like on my profile (not trying to promote myself, i know my singing is crap.)
This thread is so full of '08...er, I mean fail that it is ridiculous.
Quote by Zugunruhe
youre right. but now that its there, im gonna be a brand new person! im gonna play the guitar and sing at the same time! look out world, here i come!

Maybe I should try it too, and also become a new man. It'll be like being reborn.
Quote by what??
This thread is so full of '08...er, I mean fail that it is ridiculous.

your one to talk 07'er! i remember when we were making fun of you guys, but lets not go there.

anyway....
other instruments are easier to sing along to like piano, but if you are try to learn to sing and play, try playing while having a conversation with someone, it will help you separate singing and playing as too different things, i know my mind tends to blur them together.
Quote by InvaderTSN
Maybe I should try it too, and also become a new man. It'll be like being reborn.
oh god... dont do it!

i just tried..... i think i broke a rib. i cant see out of my left eye, and three of the guitar's strings snapped. i may be bleeding internally. im trying to hitch hike to a hospital as we speak...no one will pick me up.

nature never intended for this to happen. we didnt listen! why would the gods be so cruel?!?!? why!?!?!?!?
Quote by aaron6890
your one to talk 07'er! i remember when we were making fun of you guys, but lets not go there.

haha, I had to wait 7 months for that crap to end. I just wanted to feel superior based on an absolutely trivial bit of information.

Quote by Zugunruhe
i just tried..... i think i broke a rib. i cant see out of my left eye, and three of the guitar's strings snapped. i may be bleeding internally. im trying to hitch hike to a hospital as we speak...no one will pick me up.

nature never intended for this to happen. we didnt listen! why would the gods be so cruel?!?!? why!?!?!?!?

Last edited by what?? at May 4, 2008,
Quote by Zugunruhe
oh god... dont do it!

I knew this was a bad idea! You should've just stayed as a guitarist who didn't sing, but you didn't listen to reason did you? Did you?! Now look where you and your damn risk taking has led you!
Quote by InvaderTSN
I knew this was a bad idea! You should've just stayed as a guitarist who didn't sing, but you didn't listen to reason did you? Did you?! Now look where you and your damn risk taking has led you!
listening to reason claims another victim in its horrible trap.... im gonna go die in a ditch now. goodbye, cruel world!

*dead*

*voice from beyond the grave:* thanks a f*ckload, TS.
Okay, okay, jackasses, it was a simple question, I didn't realize that we ALL thought we could pull it off, excuse me, any advice on how to ease the difficulty of keeping guitar rythm whilst singing?
Quote by bat69420
Okay, okay, jackasses, it was a simple question, I didn't realize that we ALL thought we could pull it off, excuse me, any advice on how to ease the difficulty of keeping guitar rythm whilst singing?

like i said earlier, try talking to people while playing, it helps you think separately while playing, other than that, master the songs you are playing on guitar, so you can play them with out even thinking, then try singing over it, thats what i do/did. just practice practice practice.
I often sing and play at the same time, though I do need some improvement...
sup?
Quote by bat69420
ok, fine. just start with easy guitar patterns, like simple chord progressions. C-F-C-G type stuff. then work up to more complex guitar parts from there.

ugh, being helpful is so much less fun than being sarcastic.
not infront of people.
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
70% of rhythm guitarist definately dont sing, your all on your own pal... sorry to break the news...
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
A better question would be "How the fuck do you get better at singing?

I hate not being able to sing well. Its the only thing stopping me from being a renound acoustic artist (in my town )
MYSPACE
MYUG

Quote by lp_std
no idea but your avatar wins
I'm a fantastic one (wo)man band

I could listen to myself allllll day
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
It just comes natural singing and playing, especially the accoustic, cant help it, it just happens...
"When was the last time god played to 250,000 fans."(Noel Gallagher, Knebworth, 96)

Quote by Våd Hamster
Congratulations on your 2nd hand cancer

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/oasisrocks/

If you love Oasis, come on in and join...
I find it easier to play guitar and sing, than to play bass and sing.
If I try while playing bass, I screw up either the tune or the bassline.
I never sing whilst playing guitar.
Reason being I don't want to deafen all those in the near proximity.
Just started latetly.

its groovy sh it But it is hard on some songs.
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie
I cut my tongue with a spoon.

Andrew Wk Party Tip 11Be Awesomer!

Woo
some songs are tricky to sing and play the guitar at the same time e.g the start of paranoid android, thats the case for me anyway, but other simpler songs no problem.