So this is the first guitar with floyd rose and locking nuts on it it stayed in perfect tune when i got it but then i broke the high e string and replace only that one and i retuned it with the pegs first and everything but it wont stay in tune what so ever i tune all the strings and they go out of tune please help
tune them a bit flat
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Ok so if i tune them flat then lock the nuts, when they are locked should i fine tune to regular or leave them flat, i made sure i got ten gauge because i was told thats what came on it
thats what happens with a Floyd. wen you tune one string it pulls the bridge and makes the other strings go out of whack. You need to have patients and when you tune one string tune it slightly SHARP. not flat. that should help.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
ok so when tuning the pegs do i unlock all the nuts or one at a time. the guitar i have is the ibanez RG5EX1 but any other info would help ill try the sharp tuning.
Step by step:
1) Unlock all the nut bolts.
2) Adjust fine tuners so that they're about halfway in
3) Tune strings (With the normal tuners) in order or Low E to High E
4) Repeat step 3 until all strings are in tune
5) Lock nut
6) Enjoy.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Dont lock the nut as soon as you put on new strings and have it in tune, you have to let your strings stretch, keep your nut unlocked for about a day, keep playing...let the strings stretch and when they stop going out of tune you can tune it up lock your nut and fine-tune it.
metallicat420, not really. All you have to do is manualy stretch the strings and then you can lock the nut.

Grab the string and pull it up and to the sides. then fret the 3rd fret and do the same. Do so every 5 frets or so. then re-tune the string. then stretch it again. keep doing it until the string doesn't go out of tune after you stretch it. Then move on to the next string.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13