Im finding it hard to do Pinch Harmonics on the Low E String.. to bring out that uh.. well.. like in the song Stone Sour - Get Inside.. I try as hard as I can to bring out that squeal and cant seem to get it.. I can Pinch Perfect on all the other strings..
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Line 6 Spider III 15W
Peavey Generation EXP Single Coils
1997 Epiphone SG Junior
2007 Ibanez RG120
Just practice. TBH I find PH very easy all ove the guitar. Its just practice makes perfect.
ESP Eclipse-II VTB (With 18v Mod)
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
Quote by tomypg
Just practice. TBH I find PH very easy all ove the guitar. Its just practice makes perfect.

Agreed, it should be equally easy on any string.
Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
Agreed, it should be equally easy on any string.

I think naturally the E string is the hardest, but yeah I guess it's just practice.
You're probably not picking at the right spot. I find I have to more more towards the bridge to get a PH on the low-e, which makes sense as the intonation is headed that way. YOu have to find the sweet spot on each string, for each fret. Sometimes you have to slide up or down a bit depending on which part of the fretboard you are working on.
Umm... actually - there is no sweet spot as such.
A pinch harmonic is really you dampening the fundamental frequency and emphasizing on a particular overtone of the note. So, you have to see where the to pinch for every note.
A way to find out where to pinch is to first find out all natural harmonics on an open note..
You'll find these:
3rd fret - 3 octaves higher------------------------------------(36th fret)
3rd fret - Minor 7th below the note 3 octaves higher---(34th fret)
4rth fret - 5th below the note 3 octaves higher----------(31st fret)
4rth fret - Major 3rd above the note 2 octaves higher--(28th fret)
5fth fret - 2 octaves higher-----------------------------------(24th fret)
7th fret - 5th below the note 2 octaves higher-----------(19th fret)
9th fret - Major 3rd above the note 2 octaves higher---(28th fret) (SAME AS SECOND 4th Fret Harmonic)
12th fret - 1 octave higher------------------------------------(12th fret)
19th fret - 5th below the note 2 octaves higher----------(19th fret)
Leaving out a few here
24th fret - 2 octaves higher-----------------------------------(24th fret)
36th fret - 3 octaves higher-----------------------------------(36th fret)

The notes in the brackets signify what note the harmonic would sound like if you fretted that note

So, say you want to fret the 3rd fret and want a harmonic that is 3 octaves higher than the 3rd fret, you use the above chart to see where to pinch and you'll find that you can pinch either at the (3+3=) 6th fret (just before the middle of the fret) or where the (3+36=) 39th fret would be. The second one would ring more clearly as picking at the 6th fret is abit of a hassle.

Say, your fretting the 17th fret on the e string which makes the note an A and you want a harmonic which is a fifth below the second octave - An E - you should pinch at the (17+7=) 24th fret or (17+19=) 26th fret.

Many people seem to find a sweet spot because as the frets go higher, they get closer, so the frets your wanting to pinch at are quite close by anyway .

This is what i figured out after playing around on my acoustic 3 months after i picked it up and when i got my electric and played with some high gain, it was confirmed.

Hope that helps
Gear:
ESP LTD EC1000
Douglas Spad (Alder) [ custom wired with EMG and Passives ] : Kramer Striker FR424SM
Line 6 POD X3Live : Digitech Rp80 : Tascam US144
Kustom Sound (crappy ass) solid state amp
Old Steel String Acoustic (some local company)
I find it harder to pull off PH on the higher strings.

It's easiest for me to do them on the low E... of course, I play a **** load of Lamb of God riffs, so...
Quote by gilly_90
Hi, I'm looking for some fruit, I can't decide between apples and oranges.
Which one is better?
Thanks
^^ Lamb of god FTW like in laid to rest thats a good song to get your PH up.
ESP Eclipse-II VTB (With 18v Mod)
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
I found a good way to work up my pinch harmonic way back when was to take a pretty simple riff and play every note with a pinch harmonic. For example, I used the Crazy Train (Yes, it was that long ago) riff and pinched every note. I still use that now to help my Pinches a bit if for some reason I just can't get them to ring out. You'll pick it up fairly quickly.
The G string is my personal favourite for them. I find them hard on the low E/B too.
I find the thicker strings need a little more thumb action Especially the low e string.
Quote by Kramer1309
Umm... actually - there is no sweet spot as such.
A pinch harmonic is really you dampening the fundamental frequency and emphasizing on a particular overtone of the note. So, you have to see where the to pinch for every note.
A way to find out where to pinch is to first find out all natural harmonics on an open note..
You'll find these:
3rd fret - 3 octaves higher------------------------------------(36th fret)
3rd fret - Minor 7th below the note 3 octaves higher---(34th fret)
4rth fret - 5th below the note 3 octaves higher----------(31st fret)
4rth fret - Major 3rd above the note 2 octaves higher--(28th fret)
5fth fret - 2 octaves higher-----------------------------------(24th fret)
7th fret - 5th below the note 2 octaves higher-----------(19th fret)
9th fret - Major 3rd above the note 2 octaves higher---(28th fret) (SAME AS SECOND 4th Fret Harmonic)
12th fret - 1 octave higher------------------------------------(12th fret)
19th fret - 5th below the note 2 octaves higher----------(19th fret)
Leaving out a few here
24th fret - 2 octaves higher-----------------------------------(24th fret)
36th fret - 3 octaves higher-----------------------------------(36th fret)

The notes in the brackets signify what note the harmonic would sound like if you fretted that note

So, say you want to fret the 3rd fret and want a harmonic that is 3 octaves higher than the 3rd fret, you use the above chart to see where to pinch and you'll find that you can pinch either at the (3+3=) 6th fret (just before the middle of the fret) or where the (3+36=) 39th fret would be. The second one would ring more clearly as picking at the 6th fret is abit of a hassle.

Say, your fretting the 17th fret on the e string which makes the note an A and you want a harmonic which is a fifth below the second octave - An E - you should pinch at the (17+7=) 24th fret or (17+19=) 26th fret.

Many people seem to find a sweet spot because as the frets go higher, they get closer, so the frets your wanting to pinch at are quite close by anyway .

This is what i figured out after playing around on my acoustic 3 months after i picked it up and when i got my electric and played with some high gain, it was confirmed.

Hope that helps

There still are sweet spots. Despite all that.