Hi, I've done this thread before, but I thought I'll try it again while there are different users online.

"I'm looking for a few impressive guitar instrumentals.
For songs a bit like YYZ by Rush.
Of course i am only using yyz as an example of good riiffing, soloing and impressiveness when played to girls

Any help is appreciated greatly!"
Rhapsody are ok..ocean is amazing
Some Mars Volta there is basically no singing and all instrumental
BELA FLECK AND THE FLECKTONES
the Crusade - Trivium it'll impress people, at least
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
La Villa Strangiato- Rush
"You've got to trust your instinct
And let go of regret
You've got to bet on yourself now star
'Cause that's your best bet" - 311
Glasgow kiss - John petrucci
For The Love of God - Steve Vai

and the one thats the most fun:

Cliffs of Dover - Eric Johnson
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Trademark - Eric Johnson.
I'm halfway through learning it, and it's really fun, it probably won't impress everyone but it'll certainly keep YOU entertained.
Also, Whitewash, Electric Tears, Big Sur Moon, Scraps and I love my Parents by Buckethead will probably entertain people who like slower songs, as you seem to be into impressing girls, I've found that out of the few people who've heard me play, when I play these, females tend to like them, though there's also Welcome to Bucketheadland, Binge and Grab and Soothsayer among others by Buckethead that will make people's jaw drop in awe or have them enjoying the energy of the song.

There's also various Steve Vai songs (Girls seem to love a bit o' Vai )
And dont' forget SCARIFIED! Racer X
Desert Rose has singing in it.
And if you can pull singing while playing on desert rose off, I'll give you a high five, a bigger high five if you can get your voice close to his
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Desert Rose has singing in it.
And if you can pull singing while playing on desert rose off, I'll give you a high five, a bigger high five if you can get your voice close to his

Oh right, how could I forget his singing. I'm really hungover, guess I'm not really... meh, whatever.

First time I heard his voice I was like "Wow, he can sing well" and then saw him in an interview with his crazy Texan accent and I was like "for some reason I can't see him having this accent coupled with that voice".
Dream Theater - Dance of Eternity and Stream of Consciousness.

Buckethead - Just about anything but recommendations include: Jordan, Nottingham Lace and Soothsayer.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
whats harder cliffs of dover or manhatten, both awsome songs. i suppose CoD gets more publicity because its on GH and what not, but what would you say is harder? I would say cliffs of dover to play it really cleanly. Anyway trademark rules its almost funky
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
glassgow kiss john petrucci
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by tyler_j
bump

R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
sexual harrasment in the workplace-frank zappa

/zappa
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
Mahavishnu Orchestra
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
Cliffs Of Dover.
Quote by necrosis1193
John Entwistle once in a while. I had to try to find him when I saw The Who two years ago.

Quote by sticksause
butthose bagpipes sound awesome.
I've always liked the Call of Ktulu, but it's not in a typical instrumental format, lyrics could easily be placed over that song. Still kicks ass though.

stream of consciousness by Dream Theater kicks mucho asso as well
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
anything by vai or satch.
the loner - gary moore
cliffs of dover - eric johnson
the simpsons theme - greenday

oh wait...better discard the last one
Quote by Shea Donoghue

Then, about two minutes later of just plowing, I can feel it coming. She's still moaning and rolling back, and then I pull out. I grab her by her hair, pull her head up, and yell out:
"BOOM, HEADSHOT!"
For more Dream Theater, Instrumedly and Erotomania. Since 3/4 of Liquid Tension Experiment's members are from Dream Theater, you should check out Acid Rain, Paradigm Shift, and Universal Mind if you end up liking DT.

Ending Credits by Opeth is pretty good too, but it's completely different from the songs I've mentioned.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
The Call Of Ktulu - Metallica
Orion - Metallica
To Live Is To Die - Metallica (It's ten minutes with four lines, just skip em.)
Suicide & Redemption - Metallica
If I Could Fly - Joe Satriani (This will get the mainstream fans going, it sounds a lot like Viva La Vida.)
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
Quote by Justice4AllOne
The Call Of Ktulu - Metallica
Orion - Metallica
To Live Is To Die - Metallica (It's ten minutes with four lines, just skip em.)
Suicide & Redemption - Metallica
If I Could Fly - Joe Satriani (This will get the mainstream fans going, it sounds a lot like Viva La Vida.)

I see what you did there.
Blitzkrieg, Yngwie Malmsteen
Black then white are all I see,
in my infancy, red and yellow then came to be.