First of all, i'm still gathering the money, but I want to be sure what I REALY want.

Second, my main goal is to buy an amp that can:
a) be suitable to band practice and small gigs
b) archieve a good metal tone w/o any pedals.

So, after looking around, I found the Randall G3 75. Its in my price range, played it a little and the tone for metal was good, I liked it. 75W SS, I thought "Ok, this is what I'm aiming for". And I gathered money thinking about the Randall

A few days ago I was very bored, so again I browsed through polish online shops looking at amps. And there I saw the Peavey Valveking 112. The price changed to about 600$ (my price range, it was higher months ago). I think "Holy macaroni! A full tube amp in my price range?!". And the dilemna started.

Of course, the Valveking seems much better, its tube after all. But can it do "teh brootalz" without any pedals? I'm not talking about the extreme death metal tone, more about the chunky modern metal tone (crispy palm mutes are most importnant for me).

Halp UG!

PS. They don't have the Valveking in local shops, so I can't test it.
For a real pervert, any exit can be an entrance.
Quote by sTx
Awesome post, dude.

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Goth
Peavey Valveking 112
My metal band, Nilfgaard
I can't say much about their reliability.

But I can ask, do you really want to turn up a 100w Valve amp up to ~80% volume to get the tone you want while practicing? :P . Of course you can just get them power modded or w/e, but think about things like this heh.

EDIT: My bad I thought you said the Valveking 212 there heh.
Last edited by Mr_Pleb_Mgoo at May 4, 2008,
It can get a good bit of gain, but you might want to add an OD pedal to it. How much are Randall RG50TCs?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
It can get a good bit of gain, but you might want to add an OD pedal to it. How much are Randall RG50TCs?

About 850$ (i'm using a currency calculator). Its about 400 PLN's more, which is too much.
For a real pervert, any exit can be an entrance.
Quote by sTx
Awesome post, dude.

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Goth
Peavey Valveking 112
My metal band, Nilfgaard