Hi

Can U help choose between those two guitars.

I'm looking for dark sounding guitar mainly for drop tunning metal but cleans aswel.
C-1 Classic seems to have better sustain (thru neck) ,the Hellraiser have EMGs good for drop but quite bright.Help me guys ,if sh4 sh2 are good for drop tunning and are dark soundin' pups I now what I want

Sory for my English
Thanks
Last edited by Musza at May 4, 2008,
your english is fine.

the hellraiser for any metal, definately. im pretty sure the cleans would be awesome too, thats the magic of EMG's

i dont like the C1 classic much, but whatever the case, its not an ideal choice for playing metal. i also have a feeling that the stock pickups are quite crap
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
go for the Hellraiser. Very good instrument. If you do need something to rock both worlds look into a PRS.
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
My vote goes to the Classic.

I feel that the SH4/2 combo beats the EMG combo, since I dislike EMGs. I think they don't sound good at all IMO.
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
Classic. The SH2 SH4 combo can do everything EMG's can, an they can do anything the EMG's cant.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by jeowy
your english is fine.

the hellraiser for any metal, definately. im pretty sure the cleans would be awesome too, thats the magic of EMG's

i dont like the C1 classic much, but whatever the case, its not an ideal choice for playing metal. i also have a feeling that the stock pickups are quite crap

stock pickups crap???? do you have any idea what your talking about

not an ideal choice for playing metal????
Dave mustaine used those 2 pickups for years
The new Hellraisers come with an EMG 81/89 coil tap set, so you should be able to get a decent clean tone out of that.
The Hellraiser

The reason - Pickups. Both great guitars, EMG combination may be better suited to the sound you're looking for (Seymour Duncan JB is bright)
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Quote by Musza
And how Ur Classic compared to Ur Ibanez (actios sound ect) sory for off top

Schecter has a thicker neck and I find it easier to play than my Ibanez. It sounds muddier and lacking clarity compared to my JEM with higher gain levels. Installing a DiMarzio D-Activator in the bridge has somewhat mitigated this, but I still find the sound on my Ibanez more desirable (it's made of a different wood though - Alder, with maple/rosewood neck as opposed to all mahogany). However, I like the tone of the C-1 Classic's neck pickup (Seymour Duncan Jazz).

Action on my JEM overall is better - I can lower it significantly without fear of fret buzz where on my Schecter I have to keep it somewhat high as it tends to rattle a lot near the nut. Both have the same degree of neck bend (very slight, almost flat)
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Hellraiser

end of..
All Aboard The Phail Boat

Quote by fatwanker
I find you calling me a fat wanker offensive

Quote by gallagher2006
I thought this was gonna be a "I didn't mean to get my sister pregnant! Is she just overreacting after I raped her?" thread