Poll Options
View poll results: ruined the mystery?
yes
36 56%
no
28 44%
Voters: 64.
Page 1 of 2
has ruined the mystery surrounding pit-dwellers. i used to have mental images of people on this site, or an idea of what they're like, only to click on their profile and see i was completely wrong!

anyone else agree??? got any examples?
myeah.. I always pictured jackal as some kind of old pirate

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

There's an Irish chick on here that's got fantastic.......eyes........so I give the profile system 3 thumbs up (no that's not a typo).
There have been many many UGers I thought were dudes who turned out to be chicks thanks to profiles.

Although in some cases *cough*bequickorbedead*cough* there are doubts.
I still picture them however I want.. I know some of them look like other people, but I don't care. I'm going to picture Esther Mouse as Mother Goose until the day I die. It ruins nothing, you just need skills in repression, denial, and imagination.
Quote by freedoms_stain
There have been many many UGers I thought were dudes who turned out to be chicks thanks to profiles.

Although in some cases *cough*bequickorbedead*cough* there are doubts.

Me?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
yeah i totally agree with u ts, clicked on one profile who looked like Simon Amstell which surprised me and a few other's who i thought where kinda layed back only to look at their profile and have my head blown away by slipnot or some other thrash metal band
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I still picture them however I want.. I know some of them look like other people, but I don't care. I'm going to picture Esther Mouse as Mother Goose until the day I die. It ruins nothing, you just need skills in repression, denial, and imagination.

Strange, I always imagined Esther as Miss Bianca, from The Rescuers.
Quote by freedoms_stain

Although in some cases *cough*Frenchy*cough* there are doubts.

You made a slight mistake, so I sorted it for you
Quote by Minkaro
Strange, I always imagined Esther as Miss Bianca, from The Rescuers.

Nope.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by fender_696
only to click on their profile and see i was completely wrong!
I always find that I'm completely right.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Nope.

She's got Quailman!

And you don't need to look if it bothers you; simple as that.
Quote by Renka

She's got Quailman!

And you don't need to look if it bothers you; simple as that.

You know,I often wonder why Quailman has an avatar of a duck, and not a Quail. And why he doesn't have his original avatar anymore, which this man:

Oh man, I need a Quailman costume.
Quote by vintage x metal

The great thing about the Quailman costume is that it can be thrown together from everyday household objects.
Quote by freedoms_stain
The great thing about the Quailman costume is that it can be thrown together from everyday household objects.

Sadly, I don't actually possess a belt. I just tie this this around my waist when my pants don't fit right, which is usually because those pants don't belong to me.

So, I guess I'll have improvise. I'll have to become CrackpipeMan.
Quote by vintage x metal

Am I in fact an airborne piece of furniture? There's only one way to find out!

The only ones I think are notable are Xiaoxi and The Madcap - I always imagine them looking like their avatars.
Quote by Flying Couch

The only ones I think are notable are Xiaoxi and The Madcap - I always imagine them looking like their avatars.

I always imagined Madcap as a deranged old man, wearing one of those judge's wigs.

Even though his posts have done nothing to suggest he may look like that.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know,I often wonder why Quailman has an avatar of a duck, and not a Quail.

One important thing about my avatar is that it's a really (really really really) lame pun. I wonder why nobody has stumbled on it so far.

Another thing is that I really like ducks.
Meh, everyone saw my avatar and assumed I was a girl. My profile have left many a guys disapointed.

EDIT: Didn't I pretend to be mad at you for a while?
Quote by Renka
Meh, everyone saw my avatar and assumed I was a girl. My profile have left many a guys disapointed.

Guilty of thinking you were a chick. Avatars can be so misleading.
Quote by Flying Couch

You don't picture me like mine?

Actually, I picture you like a Weird Brothers cartoon.
Quote by vintage x metal

.... Profile's havent removed any mysteries. They just add to the lies.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by Renka

Sure you did, but I could never be mad at you, just because of your lovely profile pic. It is sooooo soothing.
Quote by TheQuailman
Sure you did, but I could never be mad at you, just because of your lovely profile pic. It is sooooo soothing.

That is... That's... Euhm...
Quote by Guitardude19
.... Profile's haven't removed any mysteries. They just add to the lies.

truer words have never been spoken.

I also fixed it for you
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Quote by pbiggie
truer words have never been spoken.

I also fixed it for you

No you didn't, there's still an "'" in "profile's" that shouldn't be there.
Before UG profiles, I thought kensai, renka, minkaro and harmonious were girls.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by Renka
No you didn't, there's still an "'" in "profile's" that shouldn't be there.

Bastard!
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Everyone in the Thrash Brotherhood thinks I'm an obese black dude, wearing a crash helmet, eating a burger. I'm not sure which I'd prefer them to see.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by rabidguitarist
Before UG profiles, I thought kensai, renka, minkaro and harmonious were girls.

Why does everyone keep saying that?

And I remember you talking about a plan to pretend to be a girl. Back in '06 was it? Or '07?
Quote by Renka
Why does everyone keep saying that?

And I remember you talking about a plan to pretend to be a girl. Back in '06 was it? Or '07?

That plan worked, man. I have a notepad file somewhere on my PC full of quotes from guys going "oh my god! rabid is gorgeous!" when I posted in the hot goth girls thread.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
That plan worked, man. I have a notepad file somewhere on my PC full of quotes from guys going "oh my god! rabid is gorgeous!" when I posted in the hot goth girls thread.

Upload it to your profile. I want to see who said that, I need some new victims to pick on.
Quote by rabidguitarist

When did you switch back?
Page 1 of 2