Hi,my friend has a full tube laney lc-15r and he want a OD pedal in dist chanell for high-gain,which pedal is better?
Last edited by metalgr at May 4, 2008,
Better out of...?

I recommend a Digitech Bad Monkey (on a budget), or a Fulltone OCD or Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer (got some money to spend).

They're all nice pedals.
-Jayke
Member of the Laney Cult
i speak which is better for black metal tone,i know the ibanez ts9 tubescream isn't good
for high-gain,but perfect for mid-gain tone
Ah you want a good metal tone...
Not sure how the amp would go with Black Metal, to be honest.

Boss SD-1 maybe?
And an EQ pedal.
I think most EQ pedals have a boost in them...or some do at least, so your friend could invest in one of them.

I've never played a LC-15R, but (if they're the amp I'm thinking of), he might want to look into something like a 5150 combo, a Laney VC50, or something a bit more suited to high gain metal.

-Jayke
Member of the Laney Cult
bad monkey would be your worst choice. it's not that it's a bad pedal, but the person who recommended it has probably never played it. "high gain" does not exist through the bad monkey unless you turn it on through a distortion channel on the amp.

i think the boss ds-2 is sweet, it has a turbo distortion knob. you can pretty much picture what it sounds like.
Maxon OD-9 Pro+ FTW...or Maxon OD-9 but the Pro+ would be the best choice out there IMHO...
Quote by JohnFrusciante6
bad monkey would be your worst choice. it's not that it's a bad pedal, but the person who recommended it has probably never played it. "high gain" does not exist through the bad monkey unless you turn it on through a distortion channel on the amp.

i think the boss ds-2 is sweet, it has a turbo distortion knob. you can pretty much picture what it sounds like.

I thought he meant he'd be using it to boost his distortion channel.
So, yea.
They work really well as boost pedals.
But if it's a pedal to use over your clean channel to go distortion, I got no idea.

-Jayke
Member of the Laney Cult