Considering it's in the US he would probably have a good chance at a winning lawsuit. I can empathize with the transplant committee on this one. By giving it to him you would be taking a liver away from someone who would be responsible with it, and giving it to some who has a history of growing marijuana, and someone who is likely to get addicted to it. But I still think that is wrong.
Quote by IncubusMan999
donkey the wise, very good

Quote by Metal_Rich
Living up to your name!

Currently searching for more ego padding quotes.

Me in pit = me being bored. Any help is much appreciated.
i was expecting a rick roll here but oh well.

Hmm interesting one, i would have to say that in this guys case because he got the disease from using needles and drugs in the past then why should he get the transplant? As for medical pot use, if its prescribed by a doctor then it shouldn't be a hindrance for the transplant list, but i think the people who made this choice probably looked at his drug past and decided from that. Right or wrong? Who knows
Gibson SG (Heavily modded)
Fender USA Strat
Hohner 12 String-uber rare

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Digitech badmonkey overdrive
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy
Well, I don't know about that case, but to deny someone that ONLY because they've used medical marijuana, with a certified doctor's recommendation, seems absurd.
If that was the only reason to deny it, thats not right. I mean he was using it because a doctor told him he should, not just because he enjoyed the drug.
"Although medical marijuana may be an issue in rare cases, it is never the sole determinant in arriving at medical decisions about candidates for organ transplants, and whether a patient is listed. Patients with a reasonable chance of survival and a good outcome, given a variety of factors, are listed."
The guy had Hep C, 56 years old, there are 98000 people waiting for transplants and only 6000 donors in a year. They simply chose someone who would benefit from the liver more.
Quote by tobythechimp
i was expecting a rick roll here but oh well.

Hmm interesting one, i would have to say that in this guys case because he got the disease from using needles and drugs in the past then why should he get the transplant? As for medical pot use, if its prescribed by a doctor then it shouldn't be a hindrance for the transplant list, but i think the people who made this choice probably looked at his drug past and decided from that. Right or wrong? Who knows

That's like saying people shouldn't receive HIV treatment.
Yeah, I read about this, their decision was absolute bollocks.

I can understand if you were to refuse him a place on the transplant list because of his other drug related issues, but refusing it because he smoked weed? What the hell? First off, weed isn't physically addictive, he's not going to go throw his life away because of weed, second of all, it was prescribed by a doctor, if a doctor says it's ok then normally it is.
Quote by Aramis
That's like saying people shouldn't receive HIV treatment.

sorry but its not at all.

Drugs are something you choose to do (usually because you are stupid IMO)

Homosexuality is not something you choose, you just are, it is part of you (not that HIV is exclusive to homosexuals, im just replying based on what Aramis was referring to)

tobz
Gibson SG (Heavily modded)
Fender USA Strat
Hohner 12 String-uber rare

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Digitech badmonkey overdrive
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy
Quote by tobythechimp
sorry but its not at all.

Drugs are something you choose to do (usually because you are stupid IMO)

Homosexuality is not something you choose, you just are, it is part of you (not that HIV is exclusive to homosexuals, im just replying based on what Aramis was referring to)

tobz

Yes but alot of people with HIV choose to have unprotected sex and share needles