So here's the deal. The last week my Marshall SL-X have been sounding really weak, like the volume pot on the guitar have been turned halfway down.

Whats wrong? Is it a preamp tube that is a li'l bit tired?

I've tried different cables and guitars so thats not the issue.
"I never liked those Deep Purples or those sort of things. I always hated it. I always thought it was a poor man’s Led Zeppelin"
// Angus Young

+1
Well.. the amp is 10-15 year old mint condition. Tubes.. dunno. The previous owner said couple o' years, but i've changed the input tube.

If the output tubes are done... it wouldn't be acting like this? right..
"I never liked those Deep Purples or those sort of things. I always hated it. I always thought it was a poor man’s Led Zeppelin"
// Angus Young

+1
The output tubes would only affect gain if you cranked your amp for more overdriven tones. The meat of the gain is from the Preamp tubes.
most likely preamp tubes, i just replaced my preamp tubes without knowing that they were busted and now the gain is 3 times higher than before.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by thellamaking
The output tubes would only affect gain if you cranked your amp for more overdriven tones. The meat of the gain is from the Preamp tubes.

Ehm.. thats what I'm saying.
// Angus Young

+1