So, at the moment I have a cheap £80 yamaha F-301. But unfortunately my dad kicked it and it is now broken I have been to try out a fair few guitars like the epiphone humbingbird and others of a similar price range and none of them sounded as good as the yamaha I had in my opinion.

So I have been thinking it would be logical to get another yamaha of the same model but better quality... If any one knows what it sounds like could you recommend something tonally similar but of better quality. Price up to about £300

Thanks
That thread is guitars under 300 dollars and supergerbil said he was willing to pay up to 300 pounds. Theres a really big difference, £300 is close to $600.
Go with Yamaha, I personally have this (it doesnt have a name BOH! it is a mahogany body and neck with a Spruce top heavily sunbursted. This is to the point in which light reflects off the spruce and ripples like a wave and looks awesome on the whole top when performing outside)) model and am VERY happy with it. I picked it up 300$ (150pound?) new. A few of my guitar experts says its' action, wood, and all is better than 1000$ guitars.
Quote by A Tua Prima
That thread is guitars under 300 dollars and supergerbil said he was willing to pay up to 300 pounds. Theres a really big difference, £300 is close to $600.

Ah, overlooked that little detail the first time. :p

So basically that means he has a wider choice of decent solid-top guitars with either a solid back or a pickup.
Quote by TokyoNeko
Ah, overlooked that little detail the first time. :p

So basically that means he has a wider choice of decent solid-top guitars with either a solid back or a pickup.

Yes, I want something of a decent quality, not a begginers acoustic or entry level

Because my dad broke my own acoustic, he said he'll pay for one. I would like one with the best quality and am not bothered about electronics. In fact I would prefer one without
In that case, I would suggest that you look for the following when you do a search:

- Solid top wood (most likely spruce, unless you want to do a lot of finger picking or want a nylon-string classical guitar)

- Solid back/side wood (at least solid back)

Remember, if it doesn't say "solid" on the description, then you can bet it's "laminated" plywood, which doesn't sound as good as the solid wood.

I think you'll find several that fit those description within the price range.

One brand that gets a lot of love on this board is Breedlove. For that price range, you might want to check out AC/AD 20/25, as those models will give you solid backs.

Epiphone Masterbilt is another brand that's popular here. Something like AJ-500R/M or EF-500M might be good for you there.

Some others for you to think about:

- Seagull 25th Anniversary Mahogany Spruce
- Parkwood PW 310/320

And stay away from low-end models of "super" brands like Martin or Taylor at that price range.
^ Thanks, I really like the look of that AJ-500M. Might go and try one at a guitar store.
3 brands to look at (2 of which have been stated above). Breedlove, Epiphone Masterbilt and Seagull. All of which make fine guitars in the $600 range. If you're willing to shell a little bit more you can look for Guild GADs (although there is one model the GAD25 that starts at $550 that is worth a good look).
All good choices above, I just got the Yamaha FG730S, which may be more of a "beginner" guitar than what you are looking for (quite a bit cheaper as well). But since you liked your old Yamaha a lot try that one as well.

Out of the brands mentioned, I liked the Masterbilt's the best when I was trying guitars, many features that you would typically get on guitars twice the price.

Oh and by the way, dont be tempted by the Martin's or Taylor's in the $600 range, about $400 of the price will be for the name on the headstock.
My first acoustic, and the acoustic I've never found a superior to (well, at least without being in the $1,500 US + price range) is an Alvarez RD20SSB. Crisp, deep and warm sound. Beautifully crafted, sturdy, and is so damn comfortable.

Great part is that it cost about $321 US.
Quote by gilly_90
Hi, I'm looking for some fruit, I can't decide between apples and oranges.
Which one is better?
Thanks
googled it and couldn't find any shops selling it. I'll look on the alvarez website. cheers
Lol your dad kicked it?

But yeah I'd get the Hummingbird since I"ve played one and if you get ae pickup with it, it'll sound better than any other guitar up there.
NOSEPICKING IS NOT COOOOOOOOL

FINGERPICKING IS!!!!!!

My Gear.:.:
Epiphone AJ-100CE (Acoustic Electric)
Taylor 214CE (Acoustic Electric)
Dean Dime-O-Flage (Electric)
Fender 20W Amp
Quote by hanmaumacoustic
Lol your dad kicked it?

But yeah I'd get the Hummingbird since I"ve played one and if you get ae pickup with it, it'll sound better than any other guitar up there.

I tried the hummingbird and didn't like the sound.

And my dad was just being a complete idiot (like always).
seagull has great build quality. i can assure you of that. it also has a sound that's good for everything. not too bassy, not too trebly.
Quote by hanmaumacoustic
Lol your dad kicked it?

That's just blatantly not true.