I have a FW15r with a very neat overdrive function, but not neat enough. It's good, but it doesn't really get the Ac/Dc crunch I want. Should I get another OD pedal or something like a Damage Control tube pedal or just a new amp? (im on a quite small budget)
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

THE SHORT BACK AND SIDES !!!

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
In my experience, that is the one tone that even a really good SS amp will struggle with. It always seems to be missing something. I think that sound more than any other needs tubes to be pulled off.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
meh...
Its quite impossiible for a SS to get that specific tone. It just wont sound right.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
A Peavey Windsor Studio should do the trick.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Green_Jelly
A Peavey Windsor Studio should do the trick.

like i said, im on a very tight budget, thats why i was thinking a Damage Control Pedal would do it. and also, i like in Brazil and power tubers (El84 or 6L6) are very hard to find here and very expensive...
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
buy a valve junior(its the price of a pedal), turn its volume very high, play. ac/dc crunch here you go.
Quote by 1337void
buy a valve junior(its the price of a pedal), turn its volume very high, play. ac/dc crunch here you go.

the hald stack? that better, because it is only one power tube...ill check it out
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Buy a Marshall Guv'nor distortion pedal, it worked pretty good for classic rock tones on my SS Peavey Blazer 158.

Then when you get a better amp it makes a decent solo boost.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Epi Valve junior FTW!

It'll get AC/DC.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by alexdoabismo
like i said, im on a very tight budget, thats why i was thinking a Damage Control Pedal would do it. and also, i like in Brazil and power tubers (El84 or 6L6) are very hard to find here and very expensive...

so order your tubes from off the internet.... try eurotubes.com.

and... your amp will never get AC/DC crunch... that sound comes from a Tube amp that is cranked (take the clean channel and turn it all the way up.)

+1 on the Valve Jr Head and Cabinet .... I just bought one and It will do AC/DC crunch tones quite nicely... pair it with an OD pedal and it sounds awsome.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Your crappy amp achieved a purposely crappy tone? I'll alert the presses.
Quote by brianthemayan
so order your tubes from off the internet.... try eurotubes.com.

and... your amp will never get AC/DC crunch... that sound comes from a Tube amp that is cranked (take the clean channel and turn it all the way up.)

+1 on the Valve Jr Head and Cabinet .... I just bought one and It will do AC/DC crunch tones quite nicely... pair it with an OD pedal and it sounds awsome.

yeah, ill probably do that...before i bought the crate i saw the valve junior but i didnt buy it because 1) i didnt have 250 bucks 2)it was too heavy, but not that i can get the money and weight is not an issue, ill probably buy it
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
also u many wana look into balckheart
they fit ure bill and ive heard nothing but good about them