Do you have any kind of ritual when your favourite band releases a new album?

When your favourite band release a new album, what's your ritual? When you just get any old CD, it doesn't really mean anything, but when it's your favourite band, there's something very special about hearing new material for the first time.

So what's your ritual? Do you sit and listen to it all the way through, taking it all in, or do you listen to bits and pieces first? Do you go out and drive with it in your car, or sit in your comfortable seat and chill for an hour or so?

Also, do you think it's right to download a leaked pre-release copy if you can?

Example: My favourite band, Feeder, have their new album Silent Cry coming out on 16th June. It's a perfect date, because I'm going to Isle of Wight festival on the 13th, 14th and 15th June (at which Feeder are coincidentally playing), so I could go to the shop on the Monday (the 16th) and get the album. I'm going to Malta on the 22nd so I could take it on holiday with me and give it a proper listen. However, it's already leaked and I've sorely tempted to download it and listen to it now. It's not a moral dilema, as I've already pre-ordered the first single on 3 formats and will without a doubt get the (deluxe edition) CD as soon as it's out. But as I said before, there's something special about hearing your fave band's new material for the first time, so should your first listen be a downloaded leak? It sort of takes away the magic, if you know what I mean.

So tempted! But... should I?
Buy the CD, stick it in the CD player.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Finding the area in my house with the best internet connection so I can download quicker.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I'll listen to it all the way through. Then, overtime, I'll listen to bits and pieces, and eventually digest the whole album.

I try and do this for every album I get, honestly.
The.
My favourite band is AC/DC, so they have released two albums in the 17 years i have been alive, and 0 since I got into music at age 11. So I have no idea what I would do. When I found a live bootleg CD at a market, I shat myself. So I might do that.
i go to the shop, buy it, take it home, listen to it on repeat for about 3 hours, go on about how awesome it is for a week then finally bitch that isn't as good as their previous album
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
I torrent it then listen to it. If I find it worthy I'll buy it.

Not because I'm cheap, it's because I rarely have money
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Raziel2p
No, because their new albums aren't that good

I found Ghost Reveries to be a great album.
Depends on the album for me.
Like i got Reign in Blood - Slayer, it was the first Slayer album i got cause i wanted to see what they were like. I listened to it the whole way through when i got it. There were only a few songs that i could pick out from the rest [cause on first listen alot of it sounds similar lol]. Over time i listened to it more and more and i just love the album. And Slayer are one of my favorite bands.

Plus I'm playing Raining Blood now very loud to piss off my neighbours. Teaches them to not shut up their 4 legged turd of a dog.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Buy the CD, stick it in the CD player.

Pretty much. I don't thank God or light candles or suck my dick or whatever when my favourite band releases something. I don't have time and too many ribs to suck ones own manhood.
I'll usually buy it, and then just listen to the intro, if its good I'll listen to the song.

Really stupid though

I will eventually listen to all the album over time
Quote by Kensai
I torrent it then listen to it. If I find it worthy I'll buy it.

Not because I'm cheap, it's because I rarely have money

same
Queen hasn't released a new album for 13 years.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by Raziel2p
No, because their new albums aren't that good

Maybe. But I think it goes without saying that casual fans will be quick to point out which albums are good and which are poor, whereas to a hardcore fan (of any band), the band can't release a 'bad' album because everything is good in the fan's eyes. You could call it following blindly but the band mean so much to the hardcore fan that it's hard to be critical.
I usually listen to it all the way through in one sitting. Usually reading the lyrics along with the songs.
i would download it just to have it immediately, then when i get the real one i turn it up nice and loud, put my feet up and ingest
Quote by Captain Planet
Maybe. But I think it goes without saying that casual fans will be quick to point out which albums are good and which are poor, whereas to a hardcore fan (of any band), the band can't release a 'bad' album because everything is good in the fan's eyes. You could call it following blindly but the band mean so much to the hardcore fan that it's hard to be critical.

Opeth and Meshuggah are my two favorite bands. I worship all their albums to pieces - except the last ones. They're not that bad, maybe, but I simply think they can't be compared to their previous records. Your description of hardcore fans sounds more like the description of "fanbois" to me.
I'm a communist. Really.
I got into music just after my fave band(Slipknot) release vol 3 and now their new album is coming out later in the year... I'll probably go onto myspace and make about 20 bullitens saying OMG OMG I GOT IT ASSWIPES!!!!!
then play it at full volume, and if it is their heaviest yet as Joey said... then hopefully it'll kill the old bag of a neighbour nextdoor
I try and sit through it all the way through, and read the lyrics whilst listening.
NO ONE EVER READS MY POSTS.
The hold steady's new album comes out on my 18th so i'm going to run down the shops buy it then lock myself away with it!
Quote by CanCan
I found Ghost Reveries to be a great album.

Why are you taking about Opeth man?
--
--
I'm Always Thinking...

--
--
I try not to big it up too much. If I really like a band, it probably means that they've already released what I consider their definitive work.
Ever wonder what rock would have sounded like in 2010 if grunge hadn't made it cool to be stupid?

The Three Aces
On UG profiles - On Myspace

Please mark yourself as a fan if you like!
My favourite band has released 4 albums in my lifetime but the last one was when I was about 4 or 5 and hadn't heard of them so I dunno. I'd probably like buy it then I'd like...y'know, listen to it. Rad.
When i get a new album, doesn't matter who they are i always do the same thing.

I read the sleeve then i put the album into the computer/cd player. I then listen to the first about 10 seconds of each track till i find one that catches my interest then i listen all the way through.

Once i have found the tracks i like i go back through the other tracks and listen to them.
I go into Isohunt, download a torrent, open the torrent.
When it ends, I turn it on, and listen all the songs in order while I waste time in UG and Digg.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I usually just play the **** out of them until I get sick of it.

I had Streetlight's Somewhere in the Between in my cd player for about 3 months straight.
I usually skip through it, really just listen to bits and pieces first to get a taste of the album, then I'll listen to the whole thing through.