So...

I came home from college, to find that, apparently, someone didn't like my Jackson King V (cheapy one compared to what I have now, but..). The strings and such are all still attached, but the neck is cracked, pretty much all the way through, on the back of the neck. Its cracked up near the headstock, it begins at about the second fret and goes diagonally down towards the 5th fret.

Is there any way to fix this, or am I going to have to go through the pain of buying a new neck? The guitar was only 250 bucks, and when I look at necks, most are about 100 dollars, so I don't know if its worth buying a whole new neck for... any advice?
-D
This is a clever, witty signature. Rofl at my glory.
If it's as badly cracked as it sounds, then new neck. If it's bolt-on, it's much less of a hassle.
if the guitar was that cheap, and the neck costs 100 bucks, then get a whole new guitar...
save up a bit, practice with another cheap guitar or something like that and buy a new guitar
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
Quote by HeartRaz0r
if the guitar was that cheap, and the neck costs 100 bucks, then get a whole new guitar...
save up a bit, practice with another cheap guitar or something like that and buy a new guitar

sounds like he isn't looking for a new one... he said cheap compared to what he has now...

new neck dude... or put a screw through the split to hold the 2 pieces together but that will be a pain in the hand to play...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Yeah, its a bolt on, so I could probably easily do it... its just a matter of like, a guitar going to waste... seems terrible. I would save to buy a new one, but I upgraded to a Jackson RR5 Rhoads a few months ago.
So my need for a V is taken care of, but man... throwing an entire guitar out seems like a waste.
If I were to try to fix it, what are some methods? Glue?
-D

Edit: Saw you suggested the screw idea, thats not a bad idea, I might be able to get something like that to work... thanks for the advice.
This is a clever, witty signature. Rofl at my glory.
Take it to a luthier? They usually do it for a small fee.
I'm a communist. Really.