I posted this in the "which amp?" thread, but they skipped me

So, I've had my B-52 for...Well, I believe around 2 years now. Maybe not quite that long, but close. It's just not really giving me the tone I want. I've never owned a tube amp, so I thought that might do it. I want...Well, it's really kinda hard to describe, for me. I want a good crunch, but I also want a warm soloing tone with pretty good definition. Think BTBAM's Colors and PTH's Fortress, kind of soloing tone. And of course, good pristine cleans. My question: What tube amp would be capable of this, for at the max of $1000? Preferably less, but I could get a job or something for the $1000. I've heard pretty good things about Bugera, and Framus. Framus is a little pricey, however...Maybe used, it'd be reasonable.

Thanks to those who can help! Also, sorry for the mini-wall of text

EDIT: I completely forgot to mention what I play...Well, really, just check my profile. It has almost all the stuff I listen to. Some not mentioned, but you get the idea.
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Last edited by SchecterC-1+Man at May 4, 2008,
fender deville and a good distortion pedal?
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
From Paul in regards to amps used on colors.

"Mesa dual rectifier and Marshall JCM 900 and Orange Thunderverb and Marshall JMP1 and Fender Deluxe."

Lead tone sounds very much like a wildly overdriven JMP1.
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

You won't get a Framus in that price range with a cabinet. It'd work very well for you though if you shelled out some extra $$$ for it.

I mean a 5150.6505 would work well for your distortion, but then you wouldn't have great cleans which btbam sometimes uses on colors, but maybe if you got an EQ along with it you could get some better clean sounds.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
The B-52 is a halfstack, right? A used Mesa Stiletto Ace head plus an OD will do everything you want it to do.

Edit: That might be a bit too expensive. If you can't find any for the price, I'll suggest a Carvin Legacy head plus Maxon OD, and maybe a tube change, which should be around $1000
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Last edited by Sonicxlover at May 4, 2008,
Yeah, the B-52 I have is a half-stack, SS. I could've SWORN the cab had Celestion speakers in it, but apparently it's only B-52's custom made kind. Yeah, I can't afford a Mesa hahaha. I was thinking a Bugera 6262 head (maybe a new cab too), with like, an Ibanez tubescreamer, or the Maxon? Thanks to those who responded thus far, keep 'em coming
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus