Page 1 of 3
Yes, I did just create a new word.

A couple of days ago I was watching a Michael Angelo Batio and replied I didn't like his style. I said I didn't mind speed but that it has to be done tastefully. Some idiot sent me a message:

Quote by Random idiot
Subject: noob

go fuck yourself

People like this almost make me stop using the site (along with it redirecting me to jp.youtube.com ). Anyone had similar experiences? Is there any way to report him for harassment or something? Clearly YouTube means a hell of a lot to him so it would be like the ultimate punishment.

By the way, this was my reply:
Quote by me
Dear noob,

Was this about my comment on the Michael Angelo Batio video? You're expecting me to crawl back and say "I'm sorry for not fellating our great god, Mr. Batio!"? I'm sorry, but I have an opinion and my opinion is that speed isn't everything. I don't mind speed, as long as it contributes to the song. He may be fast as hell, but he isn't a very good songwriter.

Go ask your mom about what she has to say about your little outburst regarding my opinion. Surely she didn't teach to be like that, did she?

Yours truly,

Frank

I know it was about MAB as his profile was filled with Batio's videos.
What do you expect? The vast majority of people watching a video by any particular band will be fans, and not care to see people posting messages who don't like it. Sure, the person messaging you was an idiot, but so were you.
Nice

Seriously, people are just idiots and there's alot of trolls. Ignore them. The anonimity makes people say things they wouldn't dare to IRL.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Like here? In The Pit?

P.S. You smell Kensai
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
That guy is so cool, I wish I had the courage to insult people over the internet
What smb said.

People tend to act all tough on the internet, especially those in their early teens. Just ignore them.

By the way, I expected this thread to be about bashing '08ers, I'm disappointed.
Quote by isuckhardcore
Like here? In The Pit?

P.S. You smell Kensai

It's a hormonal problem

Quote by TheQuailman
What smb said.

People tend to act all tough on the internet, especially those in their early teens. Just ignore them.

By the way, I expected this thread to be about bashing '08ers, I'm disappointed.

Oh yeah and 08ers suck.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Grundy0
That guy is so cool, I wish I had the courage to insult people over the internet

It's funny because the biggest coward has that courage.
2006ers are where it is at. We've been here long enough to be veterans but not long enough to be OCD UGers
Quote by TheQuailman
What smb said.

I would bash most of them, not including you (cause you're an '08er who's not a troll/idiot).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Whats the point in writing on a video that you don't like it? I hate people who go on music videos and just bag out the band or musician. Even though you weren't technically bagging him whats the point in writing that as a lot of the people who see that video and your comment would be MAB fans who couldn't give a **** about what you think.

BTW. I only know one MAB song, No Boundaries, and I think the songwriting is excellent, I love that song.
Quote by TheQuailman
What smb said.

Make your own thread.
Quote by ferretman
Whats the point in writing on a video that you don't like it? I hate people who go on music videos and just bag out the band or musician. Even though you weren't technically bagging him whats the point in writing that as a lot of the people who see that video and your comment would be MAB fans who couldn't give a **** about what you think.

BTW. I only know one MAB song, No Boundaries, and I think the songwriting is excellent, I love that song.

In the same way you could argue what the point is in commenting how great a band is. People could have recommended me a song that I might have liked, I could have started a discussion on whether or not speed is important in music. That stuff.
Last edited by frankv at May 4, 2008,
Quote by Grundy0
2006ers are where it is at. We've been here long enough to be veterans but not long enough to be OCD UGers

OCD UGers.....you mean those crazy people whose names have been coloured in order to warn other UGers? Yeah, those lunatics get on my tits.

Quote by frankv
Make your own thread.

Considering I joined only a couple of months ago, I'd be interested about the reactions.
Assholes like him are the main reason my band don't post videos on Youtube and why my account is for keeping track of favorites, not commenting.
Go 06ers!

And I agree, idiots like that usually keep me from YouTube
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
Quote by TheQuailman
OCD UGers.....you mean those crazy people whose names have been coloured in order to warn other UGers? Yeah, those lunatics get on my tits.

I hear they have magical powers
Quote by Grundy0
I hear they have magical powers

Seems like it, people keep telling me that one of them can even change his/her gender if he/she wishes to do so.
I made a video on youtube in which I play Moonchild by iron maiden backwards on my record player and it plays High school musical.

Most people found it quite funny, but a select few hardcore Iron Maiden fans have made a point of calling me a cunt and a disgrace to iron maiden fans everywhere.
Quote by Kensai
Nice

Seriously, people are just idiots and there's alot of trolls. Ignore them. The anonimity makes people say things they wouldn't dare to IRL.

Except me

>.>
<.<
>.>

But seriously Kensai is right most people are internet heroes
Manchester United
yh man , what u gota understand is that mab is a loser no one else spends so much time doin so much bull**** come on he must ahve no mates at all. and heres another lot of losers who wnat to suck his ****. what u g2 to do is fuk em up. they dnt no anythi baout guitar but suck sum retarded rejects dick
Quote by TheQuailman
Seems like it, people keep telling me that one of them can even change his/her gender if he/she wishes to do so.

Wow, just wow. It would be really quite useful for getting a hot lesbian in bed.
Quote by rizo299
I made a video on youtube in which I play Moonchild by iron maiden backwards on my record player and it plays High school musical.

Most people found it quite funny, but a select few hardcore Iron Maiden fans have made a point of calling me a cunt and a disgrace to iron maiden fans everywhere.

haha

You bastard.
Quote by Grundy0

haha yeah

/brag
Manchester United
05 UGers FTW!
:
BC Rich Bronze Warlock
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T
Fender CD-SCE140 Acoustic Electric
1962 Guild MKIII Classical
Quote by rizo299

Link?
Quote by psychedelicscre
yh man , what u gota understand is that mab is a loser no one else spends so much time doin so much bull**** come on he must ahve no mates at all. and heres another lot of losers who wnat to suck his ****. what u g2 to do is fuk em up. they dnt no anythi baout guitar but suck sum retarded rejects dick

I'd like to introduce you to two things, spelling and grammar. And I've got a gift for you

It's for your own good.
Quote by TheQuailman

Bastards. *runs for cover*

TS, youtube is particularly full of idiots. Ignore him.
Quote by frankv
Actually, I can't wait for his reply.

I'm betting on "stfu noob u probly suck motherfucker".

Any other guesses?

I reckon a claim that he's going to kick your ass.
Quote by psychedelicscre

That was awe inspiring.
I like the term YouNoobs. In fact I might just add it into urban dictionary and snicker for a while.
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, your eyes will get sore after a while."
Yeah! Go 06!

Even though I joined a few days before 07.

Rizo, Link please? I sometimes get a laugh out of comments like that on youtube.
I think that you were pretty mature. But hey there are worse ones. There are the ones that check guitar players videos on youtube, and try to bash them.
I always love good critiques and people that tell me to improve my vibrato, and always thank them for that.
But saying "lol you suck", or "you're a fat bitch", or "your skills are generic"?
GET LOST!

By the way:
Fuck yourself noob! :P
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

YouTube idiots are all over the place on the classical guitar videos...

Everyone thinks that they are a master and that they know how to do it best. They also proceed to attack the greats of the genre, because the internet has given them the idea that they truly know what they are talking about.

You have to wade through the **** to find some of the most valuable information.
My God, it's full of stars!
That's happened to me before. I commented on some guy's MG video and he went on a crazy tirade on how I didn't know tone and couldn't play guitar because I was Canadian.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Page 1 of 3