Title say's it all really. I was using, all be it illegaly, Cubase SX3. But that doesn't work anymore, long story, so i'm going legal and was going to buy it or Cubase 4. Do these work on Vista? If they don't what does?

Thanks for the help.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
I use Adobe Audition, might be overkill, but it works... and does wonders if you know what to do with it, but it is still a bit user friendly to get you started.
If you want something free, Audacity works.
My rig:

Jackson JS30DKT Hardtail
Behringer UM100 Pedal
Peavy Blazer 158 amp.
Quote by moody07747
I use Cakewalk Sonar 6 producer, its working on vista without problems.

Audacity is...ok...just not the best IMO, reaper works with vista and is much better.

Yeah, after using Audacity a bit today, it's a bit pants, the click track doesn't really work as well as "real" software. I've been told about Sonar, I might check it out, it''s the same price as Cubase but will work on my laptop so it seems like a good option.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Cubase 4 will work with Vista and on a laptop.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by axemanchris
Cubase 4 will work with Vista and on a laptop.

CT

Do you know if projects started in cubase sx3 can be used in cubase 4? And what is considered better Sonar 7 or Cubase 4 or is it a matter of opinion?

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Yes, C4 will open SX3 project files, but IIRC, you import them rather than simply opening them. Also, and I might be wrong, I don't believe SX3 will be able to open your C4 file if you decide to go back.

I personally think Cubase is better than Sonar, but at that level and price, I really do believe it is more of a matter of preference as opposed to one actually being better. I also prefer Cubase over ProTools.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by axemanchris
Yes, C4 will open SX3 project files, but IIRC, you import them rather than simply opening them. Also, and I might be wrong, I don't believe SX3 will be able to open your C4 file if you decide to go back.

I personally think Cubase is better than Sonar, but at that level and price, I really do believe it is more of a matter of preference as opposed to one actually being better. I also prefer Cubase over ProTools.

CT

Ahh ok thanks for all your help. I'll have a look over the specs for both and decide which one I'll get.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau