I'm selling old one and getting a new. I am thinking that I will get either a Dean flying V style, or a B.C. Rich warlock style. I've played them and they sound allot better than the one I have now. I also read reviews on the guitars, they think its awesome.

I just want an opinion from the forums. If you were going to by a guitar under $300, would you get one of these? How is the company background, and are their guitars good?
Guitar Gear>->

AXL Stratocaster (with EMG pickups)
Crate GTD15 Amp (small but loud as crud)
DigiTech RP50 Modeling Processor
Electro-Harmonics Big Muff Pi

I'm a member of the EHX Guild, and proudly use the Big Muff Pi as my distortion.
Both are literally the worst choices you could make. If you HAVE to get a guitar for under 300 get a used one, or an ibanez. DON'T GO FOR EITHER OF THOSE GUITARS!!!!
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
Quote by merfsullivan
Both are literally the worst choices you could make. If you HAVE to get a guitar for under 300 get a used one, or an ibanez. DON'T GO FOR EITHER OF THOSE GUITARS!!!!

WHAT!? Aw dang it, I really liked those guitars too. I know Ibanez is like, the good guitar, but I was looked at some (while guitar shopping) and I just wasn't feeling up for one of their guitars.
Guitar Gear>->

I'm a member of the EHX Guild, and proudly use the Big Muff Pi as my distortion.
from what ive heard, bc riches dont stay in tune well...
if you want a cool shaped guitar, check out halo guitars... theyre very nice

but then, i dont think theyll come under the $300 price range...

http://www.haloguitars.com/guitars.html << heres the site if your gonna check it out
Quote by merfsullivan

Yeah Straight up what this guy says man. BC Rich and Dean are actually pretty damn ****ty, unless you pay for the top dollar ends of both companies, then they are actually DECENT, but I still wouldnt waste it. Seriously man with $300, go for an Ibanez
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I suggest you select the least popular of the woman-creatures, and fart directly in her face.
Dean guitars are pretty good. Maybe try finding a vendetta or used icon instead of the V, ML, or Z though...
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
Ok, what about the Ibanez GRG170DX. We saw this in the store with all the other Ibanez guitars. It seemed pretty good, but I don't know too much about it.
Guitar Gear>->

Quote by Wavedude
Ok, what about the Ibanez GRG170DX. We saw this in the store with all the other Ibanez guitars. It seemed pretty good, but I don't know too much about it.

thats the entry level ibanez, get an S
u can get a dean MLX (ithink its called) well there pretty cheap and don't suck as much as the other lower end models
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
Quote by stephen_rettie
get a new amp

I know i have a stupid small cube for an amp, but its just fine for my small cube room. (Its not all in the amps you know.)
Guitar Gear>->

Don't do it man! They might look cool but the play like ****. Get an Ibanez or ESP(LTD) or Schecter. There all good cheap guitars that suite the style of playing the B.C Rich and Dean play off of.
Quote by stephen_rettie
thats the entry level ibanez, get an S

The GSA60?
Guitar Gear>->

Quote by Wavedude
I know i have a stupid small cube for an amp, but its just fine for my small cube room. (Its not all in the amps you know.)

90% is though
schecter omen 6
great guitar for $300
but id get a new amp if i were you too
a good amp can make a ****ty guitar sound decent
but a ****ty amp will never make a great guitar sound remotely good.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Quote by Wavedude
The GSA60?

nooo if it has G in front its entry level, think squier (though significantly better) S320 or somethiing
Quote by stephen_rettie
90% is though

He doesn't need a really good amp, at this point a new guitar will help his playing far more than a new amp. He's got decent enough pedals to get a good sound for practice.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
The reason your axl sounds terrible is that it has active pickups, and your playing through a solid state amp. Whatever guitar you get, get it with passive pickups. The are not the biggest part of your tone, but they play a decent role. And I 2nd the RG321 suggestion. Awesome guitar.
Hey, anyone heard of Jackson? Are they any good?
Guitar Gear>->

dude...take my advice.

go to GC...Try out the guitars and see what they sound like. I tried a Les Paul and SG and wasn't impressed by either of them. (Epiphone)

But i picked up a PRS SE custom (out of randomness) and it was the best guitar ive played so far.

So just go try out guitars at GC and decide for yourself.
If you like Blues/Rock then add me as a friend. I need to talk to some Blues/Rock Musicians and need reccomendations.
Quote by end_citizen
The reason your axl sounds terrible is that it has active pickups, and your playing through a solid state amp. Whatever guitar you get, get it with passive pickups. The are not the biggest part of your tone, but they play a decent role. And I 2nd the RG321 suggestion. Awesome guitar.

ya the 321's alright but sometime down the line your gonna wanna get rid of the edge 3 (i know, i have one) thats why i say get an S, the ZR is much better
Quote by Wavedude
Hey, anyone heard of Jackson? Are they any good?

lol ya some of us

but their lower end model (in your price range) are not as good as ibanez' and im personally not a fan of the necks
Ok, well thanks, I think I'm going with Ibanez. I'm amazed on how popular they are.

Thanks again everyone, you saved me from once again, getting a guitar because of its looks.
Now to sell the AXL and buy something that can play!
Guitar Gear>->

One more question. I'm excluding the G series of course now, but what about the Ibanez A series? (or the rest of the Rs?)
Guitar Gear>->