This piece strays far from the kind of work I usually do, and I'm glad I tried something new. Any and all criticism is welcome and appreciated.

My scarlet guardian angel,
Carry me on wings of raven down.
I will keep you without falter;
My resolve will be your adamancy.
Last edited by Winter Sky at Aug 5, 2009,
Very delicately-worded. I liked it.

Do you plan on making it any longer than that? I feel as if an "opera" is indicative of length - unless you purposely used that title with a short piece, to get a certain effect, or if the brevity itself is a part of the purpose; as I said, it seems very delicately-worded, and with short pieces, the words need to be chosen much more carefully, so I'm not sure if lengthening it would be a good or a bad thing.

Those are my thoughts.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Yes, it was intended to be a short piece with each word and line chosen carefully to most effectively build the feeling it should imply. With that said, I think any addition would only take from the emotion of it.

And again, yes, the word 'opera' in the title is to set a certain contrast and also add reference to the piece. Thank you for the criticism and input; I wasn't sure how this piece would be taken, considering this is my first short piece.
I like it.

intended as a poem- it's very lovely.

as a song of course, quite short.

I think the last line sounds a little... weird to me. not sure.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Oh, it's definitely intended to be solely a poem. The word "thine" might be what's making it sound odd. I've since changed it to "your" on all of my other blogs and such, so I'll change it here too.
ah, much better.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom