hi, i decided my VK 212 wasn't delivering enough of a modern metal sound. So i went out and bought a Digitech Bad Monkey overdrive pedal. I got home and plugged it all in, it turned on and everything works fine. BUT, I can't seem to hear ANY DIFFERENCE when the pedal is on and off. I know it isn't a faulty pedal because for one, its new and two, i can hear a SLIGHT change when i turn it on, but its just noisy feedback. Can somone please help??

Amp EQ's: (I have messed around with TONS of different settings, though.)
Gain: 10
Gain boost: ON
Volume boost: ON
Bass: 10
Mids: 5 (12 o'clock)
Treble: 5 (12 o'clock)
What are your settings on the Bad Monkey? I'm more experienced with Tube Screamers, but I figure it is the same concept. Turn the Level all the way up, the tone where you like it, and slowly bring up the distortion until it is how you want. Also, try it on the clean channel to make sure it is working. May just need a new battery.
My settings on the bad monkey are:

Level: 12 o'clock
Low: 12 o'clock
High: 12 o'clock

But again, i've tried tons of different settings on it..just ends up sounding like noisy, hissy feedback and stuff.
Quote by IMAKERIFFS
hi, i decided my VK 212 wasn't delivering enough of a modern metal sound. So i went out and bought a Digitech Bad Monkey overdrive pedal. I got home and plugged it all in, it turned on and everything works fine. BUT, I can't seem to hear ANY DIFFERENCE when the pedal is on and off. I know it isn't a faulty pedal because for one, its new and two, i can hear a SLIGHT change when i turn it on, but its just noisy feedback. Can somone please help??

Amp EQ's: (I have messed around with TONS of different settings, though.)
Gain boost: ON
Volume boost: ON
Bass: 10
Mids: 5 (12 o'clock)
Treble: 5 (12 o'clock)

It's more than likely because you have the amp so high gain.

It's a VK so it has valves...I'm afraid if you want more gain and a decent tone, you need to roll back the gain on the amp, turn off the gain and volume boosts, and then have the amp louder.

Then have the pedal set up with level high (if not full) and the tone to counter those strange EQ settings you've put on the amp. Finally, slowly increase the gain on the pedal, til it drives your pre-amp to a nice level.

Hope that helps!
Quote by IMAKERIFFS
My settings on the bad monkey are:

Level: 12 o'clock
Low: 12 o'clock

But again, i've tried tons of different settings on it..just ends up sounding like noisy, hissy feedback and stuff.

Turn the gain to 0-3. All that gain from the pedal is just adding extra fizz, and nothing good sounding.

Try these:

Level: 10
Low: 1 o'clock
Gain: 0-3

On the amp:

Low Gain channel
No boosts
Gain: 7-8
Low: 5-6
Mid: 7-10
High: 6
Reverb: 1-2

I don't have the 212 version, so I cannot give you settings for resonance and the other knob.
Thanks everyone! I'm reeally starting to get some good tones now! THANKS AGAIN!
if anyone uses a bad monkey with a VK and they have good metal EQ's feel free to share
Just *try* this on the VK.

gain 0

low 12 oclock

high 3 oclock

level maxed.
Quote by HxCori<3
you sir, are the ultimate UG stereotype, praise a not so good metal player, zakk, put down other peoples playing, seriously say I WAS GONAA PLAYZ SOME UBER LEEDS LOZLOERLS~1!!!11!, and then critique epiphones as if there worth a second glance
First be proud of me i recycled this thread!! Anyhow i'm having some problems like this as well with the bad monkey and VK. The VK alone does not give me any feedback at all but when i turn the bad monkey on i get feedback unless im constantly muting all the strings which is a pain. I have the amp ten feet away and i've tried facing it all directions. My settings are

Valveking

Gain boost: off
Volume boost: off
Volume 2
Gain 4
bass 7
mid 4
treble 7
no reverb

Bad Monkey

level 10
high 7
low 6
dist: off

Anyone want to give me some advice
Quote by tomsy49
First be proud of me i recycled this thread!! Anyhow i'm having some problems like this as well with the bad monkey and VK. The VK alone does not give me any feedback at all but when i turn the bad monkey on i get feedback unless im constantly muting all the strings which is a pain. I have the amp ten feet away and i've tried facing it all directions. My settings are

Valveking

Gain boost: off
Volume boost: off
Volume 2
Gain 4
bass 7
mid 4
treble 7
no reverb

Bad Monkey

level 10
high 7
low 6
dist: off

Anyone want to give me some advice

Are you using anything else in your effects chain, or is it just the one pedal?
^noise gate.

it's not uncommon for feedback to occur w/ a boost on the gain channel. nothing you can do other than either lower the gain or get a noisegate. so get an iSP decimator or somethin
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by Mathamology
Are you using anything else in your effects chain, or is it just the one pedal?

Just guitar->bad monkey->amp Nothing else in the line.

Any other suggestions than the noisegate
feedback is your problem, noisegate is your solution. like i said, you're gonna get that w/ the boost on, no getting around it.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
For the BM put the gain all the way down and the level all the way up. Eq to whatever you feel is good for you.

For the VK:
boost off
volume off
Bass- 3 o'clock
mids- all the way up
Treble- 1-2 o'clock

edit: also buy a noise gate and an EQ pedal.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Like most people said, put the gain on the Valveking at about 2 o'clock, and EQ it like you want, then on the Bad Monkey, level all the way up, gain all the way down. Personally I have the lows on it at 2 o'clock and the highs at 3 o'clock. Hope it works!
it was my guitar chord. Seems that it got bent when i moved the amp or something and the jack iis messed. Thanks for all the help