Poll: Zen or Nano
Poll Options
View poll results: Zen or Nano
Zen
66 79%
Nano
18 21%
Voters: 84.
So, for my birthday, I was surprised to be offered a choice of MP3 players. I used to have an ipod, but some **** nicked it so I've been using my Walkman phone and am pretty happy with it. Problem is, I only have a 1GB memory card, and I've been hitting that limit very often. I also asked for a ton of CDs for my birthday, so I'll need more space. My choice is right now - a 4GB ipod nano - the little stubby version, or an 8GB Creative Zen. In the dixons taxfree store, the Zen (1st link) is almost £10 cheaper than the nano (2nd link), and it has twice as much space. But I like using Ipods, and I use Itunes for all my music library anyway, so it would be pretty handy.Of course, seeing as the Zen is cheaper and bigger, I think it might be a better deal.
What do you guys think?

http://www.dixonstaxfree.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseaction=products.view&pro_id=7000940&group=20008
http://www.dixonstaxfree.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseaction=products.view&pro_id=7000535&group=1003
Zen. I've been through 3.
None of them have ever let me down.

EDIT: by BEEN through 3, I mean the first was stolen a while back, the second I've had for a while and the third I got recently, since 2gb just isn't enough to hold the amount of music I listen to anymore.
LaLaLa ZoomZoomZoom
Last edited by Pavura at May 4, 2008,
zen all the way
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
I'd go with the ipod, I have a creative zen, and it freezes up every now and then and you have to press a small button with a pin to reset it which is a real pain in the ass even though it doesn't happen much.

Though ipod could have similar problems I don't know about.
I'd get the Zen.
I've got one and it's never caused me any problems and it's got a memory card slot so the memory is pretty much unlimited.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by tjhome28
If you're already using itunes though, it'll be easier to get the ipod.
The Zen supports AAC so there'd be no difference. all he has to do is install creative media jukebox and import his existing music. Or do what I do with my zen vision and use winamp.
pay a bit more (around £100 instead of £75) and get a 30gb Zen Vision: M
Hi

Quote by iceman95
Fiddler is a god!!!! omg that's a good movie
Quote by Sylvanus
I'd go with the ipod, I have a creative zen, and it freezes up every now and then and you have to press a small button with a pin to reset it which is a real pain in the ass even though it doesn't happen much.

Though ipod could have similar problems I don't know about.

Only happened once in the past year with my Zen Vision M.

The Zen is my choice all the way. I've no regrets about not getting an iPod and would get another Zen if I needed to ever get one.

On another note, I never use iTunes so don't know if Zen works with it (apparently it does from above) but I know that not only does it work with the software that comes with it, but windows media player works with it, it can run WMA (which as far as I know is smaller file size per quality than MP3) and other files that iPod doesn't.

It makes much more sense to me that when you want to scroll down, you have a touchpad where you scroll down instead of cycling in a bloody circle.
Quote by Fiddler
pay a bit more (around £100 instead of £75) and get a 30gb Zen Vision: M

I've been through 2, love it. I rarely have to convert a video for it.
I get very tense around apples...Well, I get very tense generally. I think I've fallen into the trap of blaming fruit.

Jeff

Peavey Studio Pro 112 for sale. Anyone want it?
zen. for sure. I love mine so much more than my ipod.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Get a ZEN, without a shadow of a doubt it is the best choice of the two.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
I'm not anti-iPod, in fact I have one, but get the Zen for the memory.
Quote by goldmember1217
I swallow it whole, like a man.
the ipod is easier for getting your music, but they change the ipod a lot so you're likely to have an outdated ipod in a few months, but the zen has more space and a bigger screen......can the zen play movies?
The greatest irony you will face is the fact that we wake up to live in a nightmare
Quote by TOOTH&NAIL
well played sir, well played
If Canadia wasn't a real place then where would Canadians come from?

T_T
Quote by highvoltage66
ZEN!

so you can be a non-conformist!

Yup. Be a non-conformist by getting what everyone in this thread is telling you to get
<Han> I love Hitler
I would get the Zen because it has more memory. I currnently have a 4GB Nano, and I like it, but it can't hold all of the music I want. So, go with the Zen.
Zune = Zen > iPod
Quote by National_Anthem
Quote by Weeping_Demon7

Worst-Atheists (because 90% of them are arrogant bastards)
Best- Music

90% of people are arrogant bastards, regardless of religion.
So... the Zen it is, I suppose
I didn't expect such an overwhelming victory, but it's cool :P
Thanks Pit!!
zen !!

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Zen ftw! I've had mine a year and a half and despite my clumsiness and dropping it all the time, it's still alive and well.
Yes, it's a very old username.
The audio quality of the Zen is far superior to the nano.

Sandisk Sansa FTW!
Happy, lost and still unaware.
Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe & Epiphone ES-335 "Dot"
Laney VC15 + Ibanez TS808

I Don't Play Metal.
zen all th way!

much more reliable than 'pods.

anyone notice the typo on th page tho...

"Supports MP£, AAC and WMA files"

made me lol anyway...
Ipods suck there so unrealiable, i got my zen 6months ago for my birthday and my m8 got a nano around the same time, since then the nano has broken three times and his on his third one and my zen is perfect.

Ive never known a zen to break and ive seen ipods at my school freeze all the time
Quote by .HUZZAH.
Just hit all the strings at once, raping your e string and making retardly out of place pinch harmonics

oh wait, this isn't a slipknot concert..

FREEBIRD!

And the amish said let their be CHEESE...