I mean, i understand if someone's being retarded on a thread, sure, close it.... but when you got a solid thread
Last edited by ocelott at May 4, 2008,
Quote by webbtje
Moderator. I suggest you read the FAQs.
Good advice. (as usual)

Reading the rules and FAQ helps greatly in understanding how things work on UG.
Besides, all the cool kids are doing it.
Quote by ocelott
I mean, i understand if someone's being retarded on a thread, sure, close it.... but when you got a solid thread and someone just shows up and says "I'm closing this" it's pretty annoying.
If you're talking about your thread in Musician Talk, you shouldn't be complaining. When psychodelia closed it, he took the time to explain why he was closing the thread. He also offered to consider reopening it if anyone suggested a good reason. I've rarely seen a Mod be that accommodating. They don't even have to reply on a thread when they close it, although most of them do. But rarely with that level of detail. tbh, I think you should be sending him a PM thanking him for being so polite and considerate when he closed your thread.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14077312&postcount=206

Good luck,
SYK
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Good advice. (as usual)

Reading the rules and FAQ helps greatly in understanding how things work on UG.
Besides, all the cool kids are doing it.
If you're talking about your thread in Musician Talk, you shouldn't be complaining. When psychodelia closed it, he took the time to explain why he was closing the thread. He also offered to consider reopening it if anyone suggested a good reason. I've rarely seen a Mod be that accommodating. They don't even have to reply on a thread when they close it, although most of them do. But rarely with that level of detail. tbh, I think you should be sending him a PM thanking him for being so polite and considerate when he closed your thread.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14077312&postcount=206

Good luck,
SYK

that's true... and i totally understand. i don't know, i guess i fell deep in that conversation lol but you are right.
Quote by ocelott
Btw Can Anybody Close This Thread Now???
Only a Moderator (or Super Moderator or Administrator) can close a thread. But they generally don't unless the conversation becomes hostile or pointless. As long as there's useful information being exchanged a thread remains open. Usually threads just drift down in the index, when new threads are made because there's nothing left to say about the topic. It falls from sight gradually.

Cheers,
SYK
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.