Okay, so I need to get a train to London next month. I've been looking online, and for an adult ticket it's £57. I simply cannot afford that. A child's ticket is only £29. I'm 16, but don't know if it's worth risking. If I buy the ticket online, and use it on the train will they deny me if they think I look older?

Thanks.

How old are you, and what's the cut off age between child and adult.
I got a child single till I was 18, I dont think they really care, then again maybe they will on such a long journey. It'll probably be worth saving up because it'll be a lot of hastle/a big fine if they call your bluff on the ticket
go for it.
i know 19 year olds that get away with it.
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
get a student rail card? it'd be about 40 quid then i think. also, where the hell is beverley?
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
Quote by Thornography
How old are you, and what's the cut off age between child and adult.

16. You need to be 15 to get a child ticket.
probably yes, you would get denied and proably made to buy an adult ticket. it happened to me before but luckily it was as short distance and only cost 3 quid to go there.
gear
Fender highway 1 tele
v
Korg pitchblck
Zoom Uf-01
EHX Big Muff
EHX Russian Muff
Made By Mike fender blender
Mi Audio Crunch box
Malekko Ekko 616
Ibanez CS9
BYOC Flange
v
Fender 75

welsh?

FOR SALE: PEDALS
depends on how they take the tickets, cause i work at a movie theater and age 13-30 year olds constantly come in with senior citizen tickets, and at times bringing it up would just start a huge fight and clog up the lines.
uhhh gear.....
schecter 006 elite... ze red one..
line 6 hd150 head and 412 cab,
Just do it.

If they think you might be older they'll ask you how old you are, say 15. It's not hard.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by flambe chicken
get a student rail card? it'd be about 40 quid then i think. also, where the hell is beverley?
Yeah, but it costs £20 for the young persons railcard in the 1st place.
You should be fine, obviously if you were 20 or something you'd have problems, but as long as you don't look piss takingly old for your age I can't see them being too bothered. Also there's a good chance they wont even check your ticket
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Quote by freedoms_stain

true, but it'll save money in the long run. although i guess if you can pass for under 16 anyway...

Last.fm
Quote by flambe chicken

East Yorkshire.

Masamune]In that case, do it

Yeah, I think I'm going to.

Quote by freedoms_stain

Exactly.
Quote by redh0tchilip3pp
East Yorkshire.

that would explain the cost.

Last.fm
Seriously mate, they won't notice a year. If they challenge you, just add a year to your birthdate. I'm seventeen, and I don't look fifteen, and still buy a child ticket every time my season pass runs out. Just do it.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Get a child. If they say anything say your mum organised it. If they argue offer to pay the difference. That'd be fair.

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
Hey George

I did that with a trip to Birmingham, and Im 16. They didnt believe I was 16, but I said I was 15 and had no ID, so they just let me through. If you are at the front of the queue, they just let you through, as you are holding people up
just buy a child get on the train, pull your hood up and stick some headphones in and pretend to be asleep....worked for me going down to bristol lol
Happy birthday Slash
Quote by Shred-Hed
What do you think the odds are that he'll read this...?

Quote by TJ1991
A lot higher than Chinese Democracy ever being released.
do it..........i would

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by Dinkydaisy
Seriously mate, they won't notice a year. If they challenge you, just add a year to your birthdate. I'm seventeen, and I don't look fifteen, and still buy a child ticket every time my season pass runs out. Just do it.

That makes me feel more confident.

Quote by frusciante_50
Hey George

I did that with a trip to Birmingham, and Im 16. They didnt believe I was 16, but I said I was 15 and had no ID, so they just let me through. If you are at the front of the queue, they just let you through, as you are holding people up

Hey Joe. And yeah, I'm buying online but I'm gonna get child I think.

Quote by Oli_88
£58?
I can get to Cardiff and back for £30.

check www.thetrainline.co.uk
Thats where I get mine from.

I'll check that out. Thanks/
I always get child tickets, and I'm 16.

I don't think it's fair that I have to pay more for the cinema and the trains because I'm technically and adult, but being unable to drive and buy alcohol (not at the same time, obviously) because I'm technically a child. Therefore, until I'm 18, I will buy child tickets. They don't usually check anyway.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
They're really strict about it up here. I once had some jakey ticket officer saying I could be arrested for trying to dodge the train fare. At 16, risk it, but it gets more difficult after that age.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Quote by Oli_88
£58?
I can get to Cardiff and back for £30.

check www.thetrainline.co.uk
Thats where I get mine from.

That's because nobody wants to come to Cardiff, lol.

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
If they question you on it just explain your innocence reguarding the matter and as you thought you could use a child ticket when you were 16. Simple.
Quote by Robb987123Bass
How do I quote someone in my sig? If you look at mine, you'll see that I've failed

██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
im 17 and i get away with it all the time, nothin to worry about really
I still got the child ticket when I was 16, they just accept what you say. I'm too old to bother trying now though and I don't use the train that much anyway.
I'm 17 and folk let me on for child singles on the bus!
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
I wouldn't risk it to be honest.

I got a train with some friends from Wirral to Liverpool at the start of the year, we all had child tickets. Ticket guy came, asked us our ages, I said 16, thinking it was the cut off age, got fined. My friend's all said they were 16 apart from one who was still 15, they still checked her age, and fined her anyway... wtf was that about? lol.

My other friend has got a beard, he was on the train with his Mum, they came along, asked for their tickets, asked why he had a child ticket (he was 15), and started shouting at him saying you're not 15, took his name and checked his details.

I suppose if it's long distance, they can't take you off the train to check your details though, so you should, hopefully be okay.

I don't see why they don't make you bring identification of yourself when you buy stuff like this, to show you are the age you say you are.
No matter what anyone says: DO IT!!!!

E-married to no one
My Name is MaryJane
Pokemon Black FC: 3310-5005-8816

Quote by Kumanji
Honestly, I know where Alabama is and I suppose that explains your deeply striking looks...
i got away with child fairs til i was 18,
and the only reason i stopped is because i got a zone card which my college paid for half of
Top lel.
I got adult in the end. Worked out pretty cheap. It's just that my return time doesnt arive back home until 00:00. I'll live though.
I always used to do it when I was 16. My birthday is 2/3/91 so I just added on a year so when he asked me my date of birth I just said 2/3/92 and then they walk away as they have no evidence and can not question your authority over this - although admittedly they were only cheap tickets (like £2).
Quote by redh0tchilip3pp
I got adult in the end. Worked out pretty cheap. It's just that my return time doesnt arive back home until 00:00. I'll live though.

Pussy
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Last edited by kidsilcon at May 6, 2008,