Alright, so I just bought a Squier Strat a couple months back, it was lightly used, got it pretty cheap. Still has the original strings it came with on it, I was wondering which strings I should get for it.

I play a lot of alternative rock, (like The Hives, and Muse), and then I play a bit of metal, (like anywhere from Iron Maiden to Lamb of God).

I have never changed strings before, so I'm going to take it into a guitar shop to get them to change them for me, I'm too scared to do it myself. I plan on learning eventually of course.

Please help me, and thank you in advance! (I did post in the correct section, right?)
Quote by primusfan
Quote by Darklights
Yah, my then 11 yr old daughter caught me doing my ex-girlfriend.

Thank God this didn't end up like that threesome story.*sigh of relief*

try out some ernie balls. i have a Squier Strat (but now own and play a gibson les paul) and its got ernie balls.
i play led zeppelin, metallica, iron maiden, sex pistols, red hot chilli peppers, ect...ect.
you should get the guitar shop guy (or another guitarist) to show you how to change your strings, its like riding a bike, once you know you never forget
hope you learn soon ;-)
Thanks, Mr. Poacher, but what type of Ernie Balls?

Electric Guitar by Category

Nickel Wound
Pure Nickel
Stainless Steel
Reinforced Plain Steel

Could someone please explain the differences to me?
Quote by primusfan
Quote by Darklights
Yah, my then 11 yr old daughter caught me doing my ex-girlfriend.

Thank God this didn't end up like that threesome story.*sigh of relief*

slinkys are what my brother used a lot and he liked them but i bought him some DR's and he loved them i use tite-fits from DR for my jackson and usually Silver stars on my sg i play hard rock and metal such as acdc van halen ozzy metallica led zeppelin
Gear:
Jackson JS30 with emg 81/85 (bridge/neck)
Epiphone SG Special
Esteban Acoustic (won in a bet lol)
Digitech DF-7 Distortion Factory
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
Marshall AVT20
Quote by Metallicaxp
Remember to do your Daily Jerk, Never forget!
Ernie Ball > DR hands down. I tried DR as well but thought they sounded like crap and are way overpriced. Hand Made??? yeah right....
Ever Dance with the Devil in The Pale Moonlight?