Hey, I'm looking for some kind of pitch-shifter pedal but something cheaper than a Digitech Whammy. Would the combination of a Boss Pitch Shifter pedal and an expression pedal be just as good? Would it work with bass as well as guitar?

Thanks.
get the Digitech RP90 effects processor. It has whammy on it, along with like a zillion other effects and its half the price of an actual whammy pedal.
^ And it's shit to boot.
Get the whammy, the boss one is a crock
Last edited by Horlicks at May 4, 2008,
Quote by spinalshred
get the Digitech RP90 effects processor. It has whammy on it, along with like a zillion other effects and its half the price of an actual whammy pedal.

Nah, I don't like the idea of effects processors. I like having multiple pedals so you can get more sounds out of them.
I just bought the digitech whammy pedal. it honestly kicks ass. boss doesnt make one, or else i would have bought that. it is similar to a wah pedal, but i think its much more useful and diverse. if you can shell out the dought its a good buy.
Emo is conforming to unconformity and whining. Really, it is.
Yeah I was just thinking I'd get the Boss plus an expression pedal since it'd be half as much money. And I'm not looking for a wah pedal, I'm looking for a pitch shifter.
Would have thought that would be fine. And you get an intelligent harmoniser.
American Deluxe maple board Strat
Hot Rod Deluxe
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
Wouldn't a Boss PS-5 and expression pedal actually come out to cost more than the Whammy?
Gear:
70s Gibson ES-335
Fender MIM Strat
Fender American Deluxe Tele
Mesa Express 5:50
Fender NOS Blues Junior
Line 6 PodXT Live
Quote by TeleDude47
Wouldn't a Boss PS-5 and expression pedal actually come out to cost more than the Whammy?

Hmmm

Digitech Whammy: $200

Boss PS-5: $170
Roland EV-5: $65

Guess I was wrong.