It really doesn't.

However, I just wanted to ask if we're going to have UG-awards this year. I know there weren't any last year, but I think they took place in '06. Any veterans care to enlighten me?

Before anyone asks what the awards are good for: For the lulz, of course (and you get something to put in your sig if you win).
They happen in June...

You won't win any. Neither will I. Same as last year. You, because you didn't exist. I, because I was a n00b.
Quote by linus.d
what are you awarded for?

Whatever the pit decides is worth awarding. That can be 'best thread starter', 'smartest UGer', 'Best looking user' and the like. Additionally, we can have negative categories, like 'biggest spammer', 'worst thread starter' and 'biggest asshole'.

Finding enough categories shouldn't be a problem.
Aren't there already award things like this?

Damn already-popular-08ers and their not up-to-date-ness!!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by TheQuailman
Whatever the pit decides is worth awarding. That can be 'best thread starter', 'smartest UGer', 'Best looking user' and the like. Additionally, we can have negative categories, like 'biggest spammer', 'worst thread starter' and 'biggest asshole'.

Finding enough categories shouldn't be a problem.

I'm going to win biggest asshole this year!!!

*Finds Goatse*

I can't compete with that.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
Quote by Lil Macker
Aren't there already award things like this?

Damn already-popular-08ers and their not up-to-date-ness!!

We have the popularity threads, but no real award threads. Those were like the pit-oscars. I searched for them, but apparently they have been deleted.
I'm definitely going to be up for 'most annoying gay' this year.

And don't tell me there isn't a prize for it. I will win it.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
I'm definitely going to be up for 'most annoying gay' this year.

And don't tell me there isn't a prize for it. I will win it.

Bah, humbug, I will win that prize..

If you will excuse me, I am going to develop a grudge against my nemesis, Rabidguitarist..

Quote by NielsWho
Bah, humbug, I will win that prize..

If you will excuse me, I am going to develop a grudge against my nemesis, Rabidguitarist..

You've got no chance.

Come back when you have 700 profile pictures, a repotoire of gay comebacks and a sig full of ego-boosting remarks.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Someone better vote me for "Least Entertaining/Waste Of Bandwidth"

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Someone better vote me for "Least Entertaining/Waste Of Bandwidth"

how about "most likely to have a firefox plugin made simply to block their face"

...joking
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW