Ok ive been very interested in getting the LTD V-500. Specs look good, dual EMGs etc etc. So it fits my genre well. Right now im playing through a '66 Super Reverb with a Metal Master for distortion. This will change to a Carvin v3 and a avatar 2x12 with lead 80's when i sell the super. So i was able to try the old LTD version of the DV8 back when mustaine was with ESP and i had very much liked the feel and everything but i didnt have the cash then for a new guitar. I cant go and try one out because none of the stores around me carry it. Now i do but i wanted to know if the V-500 is still essentially the same as it used to be for the DV8 version feel wise. From what ive read the specs are the same except the live wires are now emg81s

Also, this is a bit offtopic but can someone explain to me the EMG-81 18v mod?
well i heard that michael padget's signature guitar is basically a rebranded DV8, if that helps
Quote by mexican_shred
^oh jesus christ . just because it has the same brand name and a remotely same name doesnt make it at all the same. its like saying a cat is like a human because its a mammal.
its like $240 more then the LTD V, the only difference i see is the 85 at the bridge and the locking locking bridge/tuners
i'm a lefty and they dont make these left handed but i played an right handed one upside down and it was hands down the most fun guitar i've ever played.
Well positive remarks a always good, thanks for the input. Im looking for someone who has tried the DV8 LTD and the V-500 as well. Or one who owns a v-500 and can tell me about the feel. Especially about the finished neck, is it sticky? or still a fast neck, i usually dont like this but sometimes its not too bad, if all else fails i can always sand it down.
the DV8 LTD is neck through where as, if i remember correctly, the V-500 is only a set neck.

I think the neck would have been shaped to fit daves liking. the V-500 however would used ESP's standard "Thin-U" shape. the Thin-U feels REALLY nice though so you shouldn't have a problem with it.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Alrite, i think that i may go get it. Anyone else have any opinions? Could anyone tell me how the batteries are fitted in? Are they in the electronics compartment or are they in a battery thingy. Also if they are in with the pots is there room to do the 18v mod on the emgs.
on guitars that come stock with EMGs you will usually find that they have their own battery compartment. I doubt the V-500 would be any different.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Quote by Chaosinborn
would that make it hard to do a 18v mod on it?

Probably not, the second battery would probably fit behind the tone/vol knobs. I'm thinking of getting this mod done too
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
Sounds good, i actually sent you a PM a little while ago because i saw that you had one too. Thanks for replying! I will probably place an order for one of these and an ISP decimator today or tomorrow.
bump this interest me.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
bump this interest me.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
The V-500 is gonna be one kick ass guitar, I can guarantee that. ESP actually had that shape before Mustaine was with them. They just didn't have an LTD or even a USA-available model until now, probably because the DV8 popularized it for ESP. Either way, I'd say go for it. I don't know much about the V18 mod though. What exactly does it do tone wise?
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by mafropetee
The V-500 is gonna be one kick ass guitar, I can guarantee that. ESP actually had that shape before Mustaine was with them. They just didn't have an LTD or even a USA-available model until now, probably because the DV8 popularized it for ESP. Either way, I'd say go for it. I don't know much about the V18 mod though. What exactly does it do tone wise?

According to those who've had it done, it makes the EMGs sound more organic while retaining their attack and increasing their output slightly. Apparently the cleans (which I never had a problem with) are improved too. They say it's almost like you've taken a pillow away from in front of your amp.
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ah. I'll have to try it then when I get a new amp. I doubt it would make much difference on my current one -.-
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.