I'm looking to buy new ampnext month.
I'm looking for one that would be good for practising, but also jamming with other friends who also play guitar and bass.
My budget is about £500.
I like to play songs by Metallica, Pantera, Machine head, Nirvana, Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet For My Valentine, Black Sabbath, Guns 'n' Roses, Green Day, Muse, Atreyu, AFI, Biffy Clyro, Blink 182, The Police, The Clash, Foo Fighters, Good Charlotte, Linkin Park, Lostprophets, The Offspring, Radiohead, Seether, Sum 41, etc...
Sorry about the lengthy list, but i didnt really know how to describe the kinda sound im looking for, so i list the things i play.
I dont really know much about amps if im honest. i still use the cheap amp i got with my strat. starter pack...
But i think its time for an upgrade.
My guitar is an Ibanez RG2550E (aswell as the cheap strat mentioned earlier), if that helps at all?
Like i said, ive got about a month to think about it and make a decision, but any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanx.
=]
I'm in the same Boat i'm selling my fender amp that came with my squire strat. i just got a Vox AD 30VT (30 w) which is a great modelling amp but if your looking for something with a little more metal feel u can get the same amp in the XL line which is just more high gain both are great all round amps and it looks like u play alot of different stuff so you might do well with one of these amps. mine the AD30VT cost $260 cdn. u can get them in different power too 15w 30w 50w and 100w i think.
^ a Valvetronix with £500??? Are you mental?!?
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
If you're ready to take a risk...

Get a Bugera.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
sounds good.
i was looking at the line 6 spider 3 75W, but it seems that many people on UG have bad opinions of them. i dont really know, as ive not played one, but the idea of the presets sounds good. but like i said, i dont really know that much about amps sooo... any other suggestions?
NO SPIDER LINE 6 for the love of God!

Hmmm, what about a Classic 30? I dunno, they sound really good and are like $650 or so, which is like half your budget. Maybe some pedals with the left over?
I like the idea of having money left over for pedals, but i'd be happy just to get an amp that covers what im looking for, if thats possible.
Im not really worried about pedals tho, cos ive got a ZOOM G2.1u, it just doesnt sound all that good through my amp.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
I would suggest the Classic 30 again. Mmmm... I heard it being tried out and it sounds amazing.

Good luck playing Metallica, Pantera, Machine head, Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet For My Valentine, Atreyu and Seether with that
Hi I have a laney vc50 valve amp for sale in the classifieds. Its 4 channel can go from fender clean to metal no problem and sounds the absolute dogs. Pm me if your interested.