hello all

ive been checking out the Zoom G2-1U, and i just wondered if it's any good. sound samples from anyone would be appreciated

if theres already a thread about this, please direct me to it

if it helps, ill be using it with a squier showmaster (and occasionally a dean razorback :p and thru a normal 10W amp, with a distortion pedal in the middle.

also, if i want to connect it to my pc, do i need anything else, or can i just go guitar, zoom, pc?

thanks
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Gives my cheap 15w crate practice amp some tone+balls. I'd get it if you want to be able to dial in any tone you want, but using it takes alot of time to perfect a tone. Like it took me over 2 weeks of adjusting to match satch's tone from "surfing with the alien".

I'll record direct from the unit->computer sometime, as i don't have a mic. =)
Guitars:
Gibson SG Standard (Cherry finish)
Ibanez JS1000 (Black Pearl finish)

Effects:
Zoom G2.1u

Amp:
Bugera 333XL Head (Coming Soon)
Avatar G212H Special (Coming Soon)
Crate FW15R
K, i know I suck at playing (look at my age in my profile, lol)... But see my profile for a little demo. Its just one of the many sounds you can get from it. I'd say its good for its price, but you can do better w/ more expensive units/tube stuff.

It honestly does sound better thru an amp than using its crappy cab sim through a computer.
Guitars:

Effects:
Zoom G2.1u

Amp:
Crate FW15R
Quote by The Hummingbird
K, i know I suck at playing (look at my age in my profile, lol)... But see my profile for a little demo. Its just one of the many sounds you can get from it. I'd say its good for its price, but you can do better w/ more expensive units/tube stuff.

It honestly does sound better thru an amp than using its crappy cab sim through a computer.

hey, im the same age lol

ty for the sounds, it sounds amazing even without an amp, so ill definitely be getting one

Quote by cornmancer
its not bad for the price but id recommend getting a new amp if poss
the wahs are crap but the delays and chorus and stuff arent too bad
your digitech metal master will probaly produce better distortions, but the effects are ok
it also has this weird thing that makes it sound like two guitars harmonizing which i use alot
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Special 2
ESP EX-400
Roland Cube-15
Bugera 6260 head
Home made 2x12 loaded with celestion G12t-100s

OPETH FTW
hmmm a new amp would be rather sexual lol. but the thing is, i want effects to make weird cool songs and stuff. and i was looking at individual effects pedals for £50 each. so i just thought for 30 more, a multi effects board cant be too bad can it?

and one really nooby question...does it have flangers and stuff on it too ? cos thats mainly what i want.

Quote by cornmancer
Quote by rockdan101
its not bad for the price but id recommend getting a new amp if poss
the wahs are crap but the delays and chorus and stuff arent too bad
your digitech metal master will probaly produce better distortions, but the effects are ok
it also has this weird thing that makes it sound like two guitars harmonizing which i use alot

That's pretty much what I'd say. The distortions are pretty bad, but the effects are usable (yes, it has flangers and phasers and such).
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Fama
That's pretty much what I'd say. The distortions are pretty bad, but the effects are usable (yes, it has flangers and phasers and such).

im not too bothered about the distortions, ill still have the metal master for that. and thanks for telling me about the flangers etc

Quote by cornmancer
Well theres an acoustic stuff around on my profile, and i made that with the g2.1u, and heres a site with samples
LINK
wild and weird sounds/patches are also easy to make, perfecting is another.
but it is a great pedal, IMO
Quote by telemetal
Well theres an acoustic stuff around on my profile, and i made that with the g2.1u, and heres a site with samples
LINK
wild and weird sounds/patches are also easy to make, perfecting is another.
but it is a great pedal, IMO

aha. at last someone touched on that. i heard that the acoustic tones are awesome, and i needed someone to back it up for me

Quote by cornmancer
pretty awesome unit. Just be prepared to take a long time to dial good sounds into it. As using their compressor changes the whole tone, so does the booster, and add that with all the distortion models they have... yeah, quite time consuming. Anyway, in the comments someone wanted to know my settings, and i posted it if anyone is interested.
Guitars:

Effects:
Zoom G2.1u

Amp:
Crate FW15R