Poll: Do you play guitar righty, lefty, or both?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you play guitar righty, lefty, or both?
Righty
114 86%
Lefty
10 8%
Both
8 6%
Voters: 132.
Need a survey to use to use for my statistics project. I just want to know if you play right handed, left handed, or both. To make this more accurate select the one which you normally play but if you can play both equally the same by all means vote both. Thanks for all your help.
Right handed. I play drums either way though. Its a good skill to have as a drummer.
We're only strays.
Lefty ftw.
Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves.
Right. I doubt many people play bothy.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Lefty FTW
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
Lefty. And to save you some time, rough 9 to 11 percent of the world's population is left-handed.
i am a lefty... and lefties are the best

EDIT:

guitar : left

Drums : right
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
I'm left handed but I play righty.

People who play left handed are just being deliberately awkward.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Left Handed but plays Righty. I started out that way, and when you consider that it really is the left hand that is doing most of the work, it makes sense.
I definetly think that i had som advantages when it came to accuracy when i was starting out.
¯|(°_o)/¯
Quote by rabidguitarist
I'm left handed but I play righty.

People who play left handed are just being deliberately awkward.

No. Please don't say this again.
Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves.
i am left handed but i decided to quit playing lefty because all the lefty guitars were more expensive then rightys.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Righty, though used to play left... Until I realised that it was way easier to play with my right.
Quote by skywayavenue
lefty! how can someone play both?

Jimi Hendrix did
"That was it, a nick. Now happily paid for. [...] It was decided that it was so far away in time and influence that...well, you only get caught when you're successful. That's the game". Robert Plant
Quote by Another bassist
Lefty. And to save you some time, rough 9 to 11 percent of the world's population is left-handed.

I am one of this percentage....but i can't play lefty bass
sometimes i get to use my girls drums she plays righty but i think i should technically be playing lefty as it feels so uncomfortable...
Quote by skywayavenue
lefty! how can someone play both?

Go to Youtube, and type in Michael Angelo Batio.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by IronMaiden5
I play righty. And the people who voted both are probably lying.

Chances are, they just sound equally **** whichever way they play.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
Chances are, they just sound equally **** whichever way they play.

Yeah, they probably vote both but sound very sloppy when they play. Seriously, what is the point of being able to play both righty and lefty? It doesn't make it sound any better, so it's just a waste of time. The only use is so you can show off to make up for your crappy music, such as Michael Angelo Batio.
Quote by IronMaiden5
Yeah, they probably vote both but sound very sloppy when they play. Seriously, what is the point of being able to play both righty and lefty? It doesn't make it sound any better, so it's just a waste of time. The only use is so you can show off to make up for your crappy music, such as Michael Angelo Batio.

There really is no point, but if you can play well then your "different" from the other guitarist, you can impress people more.

and MAB has some good stuff, 80% of his music is ****, but if you look more into his music he does have pretty good stuff.
It took time for me to, but I can now play lefty "ok". I don't own a lefty guitar, but it feels easier to me because my right hand is more coordinated and stronger. The hardest part of trying to play lefty was getting my left hand to strum correctly.
Wait...

how do you know he's talking about guitar...

Maybe he means fapping?

....either way, righty.