Hey, long story short. my old amp broke and I need a new one. Im looking for something in the range of $200. The sounds I would like to get are of A Wilhelm Scream, Trivium etc , I use an ibanez rg370 and a EH metal muff. I would be running it through the pedal most of the time, if that would help me achieve that sound.

If you need any more information just ask.
do you plan on gigging? or is it just for practice. if just practice i'd say +1 to horlicks' suggestion of getting an Epiphone Valve Junior
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
wont we need to open up the volume a lot? how are ibanez 30 watt amps? tbx30r? or a epiphone with eq and dist pedal would really be the best cos i cant even turn up to 2. level of volume with my 10 watt ibanez amp
^ If you can't turn up to 2, why are you looking at 30 watt amps? BTW those Ibanez's are terrible
This will be for practice/ recording with a band. no gigging. are the VJ's good for metal,hardcore, and 'melodic metalish sounds'. I really want to emulate A Wilhelm Scream and sounds such as "dying in your arms- Trivium" Im thinking i need around 30 watts
Last edited by sno cone at May 4, 2008,
Well, as long as your pedal has enough gain, it should work fine. Invest in an EQ and tubescreamer when you get enough money
can anyone recommend anything other than a VJ, i'd prefer something around 30w
Quote by sno cone
can anyone recommend anything other than a VJ, i'd prefer something around 30w

Someone already asked. Why do you think you need 30 watts if you can't turn your 10 watt past 2? Especially if your talking tube? And $200 really limits your choices even used. a cube might get you close , but then you really don't need a pedal. Good luck.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
I never said i cant turn my 10 watt past 2, someone else did :p. So its down to Valve Jr, or Cube? I need 30watts or so because I practice with friends on occasion. I'd kind of prefer a SS
Ah sorry about that I stand corrected. Peavey use to make a transtube 110 without effects for $199 don't know if it's still available and I don't know how well it takes pedals I have the EFX model and for an SS it's not bad. it's 40 watts, but it's loud enough to walk over drummers (1 of the reasons I don't use it much, way to loud for what I wanted). You need to go out and try several. if you could bump your price point by about $50 you'll get a better selection.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by sno cone
I never said i cant turn my 10 watt past 2, someone else did :p. So its down to Valve Jr, or Cube? I need 30watts or so because I practice with friends on occasion. I'd kind of prefer a SS
The Valve Jr is tube so it will be just as loud as a 30w SS.
Yeah the transtube 110 is available. It seems pretty nice. I'm thinking id rather have that or the Cube as opposed to the Valve Jr. I dunno. Would the Peavy be nice for the sound im trying to replicate?
The Roland Cube 30 is a very good amp. I had my tube amp at home while i used the cube to practice at school all year. It has very nice cleans and the amp modeling is basically designed by BOSS, seeing how Roland owns Boss. It is a very nice amp overall and can nail almost any genre of music.
Okay its down to the Peavy Envoy 110 and the Roland cube you guys have been a big help so far. so compare the two.
The guy who said that why i look at 30 watt when i cant open up to 2 at 10 watts. let me answer: when you get a bigger what amp you just dont get only volume and also a bigger speaker to hold the sound better and more quality etc etc. why are those ibanez are crap i dont have much money just 200 dollar and i cant find any peavey in Turkey.
If it were me I'd go with the cube 30 between the 2. I plug into a cube 30 just about every time I go into a store. They are pretty nice.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Line 6 Pod HD
which amp around $200 would be ideal for playing with friends in a band? the peavy 110?